Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is no "south course". It's currently a dirt road. i talked to one of the owners of the track, and he said construction will begin around august.

If they can get that done by next season... OMG.....having not one, but TWO tracks 45 mins away would be the BOMB!

the north course is awesome, but I saw the map of the south course too and started to drool profusely....

·
Registered
565 Posts
So the south track is all dirt...I guess that answers my question!

I can't wait to check out the beaver. I've heard good things. I'll be running intermediate, what about you?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well, I had a blast! Beaverun is sweet. Man, that right hand kink in the back straight is fast!
I bumped up to advanced in the afternoon and started to find some pretty quick lines around the beaver. Can't wait to get back there. My buddy went down in the second to last lap in the last session on his red R6. Talk about bad luck. I'm not sure if I talked to you guys or not, there were a ton of gixxers there. I was on the red and black 04 gixxer 600, #76. Hope everyone made it out alright.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Well, I had a blast! Beaverun is sweet. Man, that right hand kink in the back straight is fast!
I bumped up to advanced in the afternoon and started to find some pretty quick lines around the beaver. Can't wait to get back there. My buddy went down in the second to last lap in the last session on his red R6. Talk about bad luck. I'm not sure if I talked to you guys or not, there were a ton of gixxers there. I was on the red and black 04 gixxer 600, #76. Hope everyone made it out alright.
what kind of times were you running out there? How bout the fast guys?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I was running 1:06's in the afternoon. I can't complain since that was my first time there. I think the faster riders were running around 1:01, give or take a second. I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone was running under a minute.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey,

you were the guy in red leathers I was trying to chase around for a few sessions (i have the blue/white 04 600 w/ the white decal thingies near the ram air vents (#925).

you were fast as hell out there, especially for that being your first time to beaverun.
1.06's eh? Dayummn.... I got luck and managed an upper 1.08 once, and got mostly 1.09's.
although, I did follow a CR around the field on monday, lapping the bunch every other lap or so--fun stuff! he did give me the 'ok' to move up to advanced next time @ beaverun. but i dunno, if you were running consistent 1.06's. I think the only guy running 1.01's was the CR w/ the red r6 (has "stiverson & company" or something like that written on his tank).

are you going to mid-ohio the 13th or 14th?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'll be at mid ohio on the 14th. Can't wait! That's where I ran my first track day, and I haven't been back since.

I remember that dude on the red r6. He was hauling ass out there. I tried to tail behind him, but I just couldn't match his pace. I remember following him through turn one when his bike let out the mother of all back fires. It was sweet!
There was another guy out there on a blue and white r6, he was cooking too. Those two seemed to be setting the pace in that group.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts