Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beat a Ducati\'s ASS!!!!

I just wanted to share this with all you gixxer fans. My neighbor just bought a limited edition Ducati Monster 750. Paid something like $10,700 because it is 1 of 100 in the U.S. I get the kid to take a rid with me the other night. We get a mile down the road and he looks at me and says, "This sucks I just paid $10,700 for this bike and I can't hear it over yours. It's no fun to ride my bike when I can't hear it!" Well then we get on the highway and I signal for him to kick down a gear and lets ride. Well I look back and there is no Ducati. He admitted he didn't expect that out of a 92. I new he felt that way before we went and road....thought I had a big heavy turd....I have been waiting to show him up. I spanked him so bad he went home put his bike up and I haven't seen him since. I almost bought a Ducati....HA!HA!HA! I have a 92 GSXR 1100 ported/polished,cam,jet kit,full Vance & Hines system,K&N Filters

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Beat a Ducati\'s ASS!!!!

Originally posted by supercharged:
well done, but your'e really comparing apples with oranges there......
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know that but he didn't think so....and he even works as a salesmen for suzuki. He never thought my 92 1100 had that much power is all I am saying.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts

I used to work for Ducati. The M750 or the M900 are fun bikes to ride, but they aren't any fun to race. The 996, or the 998 aren't even a good race for your 1100. (in a straight line) The only way to make it fair is to unplug 1 cylinder and put a woman on as a passenger.
They do have their place though, and that is in your living room on the mantle to show your friends at partys.

·
Registered
249 Posts

Go read the article in the new sport rider mag......

Its so funny........short stroke long stroke, who fuckin cares.....Its the best model they ever rode, and its still only has minimal HP...

Now comparing style.......Well hands down on the look of a 998.....

I love my Gix, but woulnt mind a 998 in the garage as well!

·
Registered
6,907 Posts

Originally posted by flint179:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by supercharged:
well done, but your'e really comparing apples with oranges there......
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know that but he didn't think so....and he even works as a salesmen for suzuki. He never thought my 92 1100 had that much power is all I am saying.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">as a Suzuki salesman, he should know that your '92 Inline 1100 gixxer would send his V-Twin 750 to school even if you cut your engine in half.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

I've never had any trouble with Ducatis of any flavor on twisty roads...unless the rider has some talent...and that's what makes it a challenge. I'd bet a good rider on an EX500 could make you look foolish on your 1100 if you can't ride it right.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Duc's are okay. Can't compare with Zuke's as far as horsepower though. I look after my partner's Duc 748 every year when he deploys. It's light, loud, and flashy. Definitely turns heads. Could be those loud azz V&H pipes though.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

Three of our group had Ducati's...The 916 let its chain go which took the crankcase with it. I don't know waht he's gonna get for a new bike. 900 monster was traded in on a Falco...which got crashed on a track day. New bike choice for him too. ST2 with anest of gremlins...gas tank problems and a loose axle after new tires by the dealer resulted in the axle tweaking the swingarm...and breaking its chain too. He switched to a Triumph Daytona.

and then there's my "rebuild"

·
Registered
893 Posts

It's great BEATING the newer bikes on our OLDER bikes
Last summer I went to L.A. to see my brother. I brought my 86 750 for him to ride. He raced a ZRX 1100 & beat him! He raced a late model corvette down the PCH & BEAT him!
I was on my other bike watching both times. Needless to say I was pretty proud of the ole oil cooler

·
Registered
463 Posts

Never ever been beaten by a Ducati. Not even on my GSX-R 400. My neighbor has a new RC51/SP2. That thing doesn't go much better than a GSX-R600 in a straight line. I think I can beat that SP2 two up.

·
Registered
461 Posts

I have a comparison of an SV beating a Ducati SS750 Dark(the SS750 uses the same motor as the monster750).

it is a slug.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
I've never had any trouble with Ducatis of any flavor on twisty roads...unless the rider has some talent...and that's what makes it a challenge. I'd bet a good rider on an EX500 could make you look foolish on your 1100 if you can't ride it right.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That goes without saying. It is 90% rider in most cases. I could spank someone on a motocross track with half the bike just because I am a better rider.

·
Registered
671 Posts

As someone who has spent huge amounts of time with both, I feel I have to weigh in here. The whole POINT of Ducatis is to go around corners well and win roadrace championships (and cost a lot and look cool.) They often do this with far less power than their 4 cylinder competition.

Want proof? How may WSB titles has any form of the classic Gixxer double cradle chassis won? Uh, zero. How many has the chassis of that lowly 750 monster won? Uh, like four. That's right, it's the same chassis as the 851/888 that DOMINATED WSB in the early years.

All else being equal, that big-ass gyroscope spinning in the center of your engine (it's called a crank) puts any gixxer rider at a disadvantage when he (or she) is chasing a twin.

It's the KTM Duke factor-make a bike change direction well enough, and power doesn't matter. I love heckling R1's on my dad's 900 Monster. It's still a hell of a lot faster than a Harley.

Any monkey can pin the throttle on a powerful bike. Races are won in the corners.

That said, I love my gixxer.

Flame suit on!

·
Registered
99 Posts

It's hard for me to believe we have a thread about an 1100 four beating a 750 twin in a straight line. What a complex!

Wolf, what are you smokin'? I want some.

Smoknn. I couldn't help but notice the huge pussy stripes on the rear of that 748. You must live in North Dakota.

Mike

·
Registered
59 Posts

Originally posted by Minnesota51:
It's hard for me to believe we have a thread about an 1100 four beating a 750 twin in a straight line. What a complex!

Wolf, what are you smokin'? I want some.

Smoknn. I couldn't help but notice the huge pussy stripes on the rear of that 748. You must live in North Dakota.

Mike
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What are you talking about? You sure you didn't get some of what you were asking Wolf for?

·
Premium Member
306 Posts

hey there duckboy, the part you left out about the 851/888 is the fact that they get a huge weight and displacement advantage over a four cylinder 750 in the same race.
in other words, the duck is now a 999cc and is raceing a 750cc bike. also the wieght handicap is in the ducks favor too. for what it's worth. i love my old zuke too.

·
Registered
671 Posts

hey there duckboy, the part you left out about the 851/888 is the fact that they get a huge weight and displacement advantage over a four cylinder 750 in the same race. in other words, the duck is now a 999cc and is raceing a 750cc bike.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OK, so what about British Superbikes this year. Gixxer 1k's barely made a dent in the Ducati's record...

·
Premium Member
306 Posts

weight restrictions! if you go out and purchase a new duck 999, and a new gsxr 750, take two like riders or the same unbiased rider for both, and the 750 will win on all accuonts. I have ridden them all. the duck is a beautiful work of art and deserves it's recognition, but you really can't compare it's all around performance to that of a 750. if you lift the restrictions on the 750 it would no longer be a contest. thats why they are there.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts

GSXRs versus Ducati's.

How many Ducatis raced in FUSA, won??

Or any other UNLIMITED class

Ducatis win if they have all the rules in their favor. REAL fortunate huh??

But when its Run What Ya Brung............ the little italian boys gotta go home, cry in their spaghetti

1 - 20 of 27 Posts