Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bearing ???\'s

Bike is coming apart so I might as well replace all my wheel bearings, right? Anyway, I have done a search and it seems that NAPA, not Suzuki, is the place to buy them. Does anyone know what size or a part #? I want to do front and rear. Mine is a 92' 750 with stock wheels.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
257 Posts
Re: Bearing ???\'s

Bearings are identified by a 4-digit code (sometimes with an appendix) like 6201-2RS which means a 6201 bearing (12mmID, 32mmOD, 10mmW) with seals on both sides (the 2RS part). This number is usually stamped or etched on the side of the bearing so if you can pull the seals you can probably get the bearing number pretty easily. The Dennis Kirk catalog used to list the wheel bearing sizes for bikes but the latest version doesn't so if you find an old copy (from like 2000 I think) it's actually a pretty good guide. I've got a pair of bearing for the front which I haven't installed, I'll check the bearing number tonight so at least you'll have that.

These are all very common, standard bearings, so if you pull them and take them to Napa or better yet your local bearing supply company (just look in the Yellow Pages under Industrial Supplies or Bearings) they should have them all in stock. Also if you just pull them all and measure them they should be able to match them up pretty easily. Check out this page from MSC (look towards the bottom) which has standard metric bearings:

http://www.mscdirect.com/PDF.process?pdf=3509&Keyword=Y

I'll check around and see if I've got the bearing sizes written down somewhere but I think I might just have the front ones. Sorry this is kind of rambling, I haven't had my coffee yet this morning.

Matt

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: Bearing ???\'s

I get all of my bearings from CBR bearing company. Good prices (better than my local industrial supply house), and very knowledgeble because they are into motorcycles as well. I don't even have to have the bearing number handy; I just tell them the application and they can look up the numbers. Best of all, a lot of the time you can ask them if it's possible to fit wheels from bike W of year X to bike Y of year Z and they'll be able to tell you what kind of bearings you'll need.

Yancy

http://www.cbrbearing.com/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts