Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is very fucking simple.
If you see a pic of a members wife, Girlfriend or SO and you don't find her appealing.
DON'T post stupid fucking remarks about their looks or your distaste for the pics etc.

I and the other mods are sick to death of having to go through wife girlfriend posts editing remarks from dickheads who think it's funny to post "Butterface" or similar shit as comments.

These guys and these girls have taken a huge step to upload their pics for the enjoyment of others and they don't need stupid comments from idiots.

You get one warning if you do it again you will be banned very simple.
Now fucking play nice or not at all.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Aint democracy and feeedom of speech a wonderful thing?

It's a damn shame I had to post that but it's the only way to get through to some people.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Not a bad idea Zam

I know I dont post pics anymore as there is always someone that makes an asshole comment about something i.e. look at the toe jamb under their nails, colour of her skin, height or a blemish on a body part.
Damn guys post a pic of your perfect partner or yourself and see the replies you get.
Yes I know everyone has your opinion but dont rip these people to shreds, check the pics out if its not for you then move along.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Same here. I get sick of reading crap like that. Its hard enough to talk my wife lady into getting some pics to post up somewhere.... That stuff just makes them think less of themselves then you get to hear about what they "think" their flaws are all week!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
while I am all about treating others with respect, we are all adults here (mostly), and we are always going to have a few people that are a little more outspoken than others. However, threatening to ban them for speaking their mind or otherwise saying how they feel is rediculous. If I put up pics of my girlfriend, I wouldn't be pissed about negative comments. I am not talking about the "she is a fucking skank," or "nasty as hell" comments. Those are a litle too far. However, telling someone that if they can't say something positive to not say anything at all would make this forum board dead. Go into some other forums and you see non-stop bashing and arguing. Are these rules going to apply in all of the other forums as well? Why are we just being selective about the pics of women? If we are going to be forum Nazi's, we might as well police the entire board. Some times the discussions get pretty heated, and it can get nasty. I mean, going into another members post and changing their quote, or something to the effect of "I am gay and like men" just violates the same rule that you are trying to implement: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." If you can't handle negative comments about your girl, don't post up pictures. If a member takes what another member says about thier girlfriend to heart, then that is not a problem for the members or moderators. He should feel secure enough that it doesn't matter two shits what someone else says.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I agree, its one thing for it too be some crusty chick you saw at some event but when its someones wife or girlfriend its a different story.
Also, (as for free speech) this website is someoness business. Just as if you were to walk into a shop anywhere else you wouldn't walk in and call one of the other customers wives a butterface outloud so everyone can hear you. So shoew the same respect, or at least the same tact.

·
Limpy McTinydick, wants to be a French Canadian
3,941 Posts
Sometimes you drink to much beer and say stupid things . i posted the "butterface" comment , i can be a man and say sorry . And i am , but i dont like when people thretin me and use vulger language in posts, so ill keep my comments to myself if you keep your laguage undertone. so next time you have to write someone about what they wrote in a post dont attak them with fightin words address them like a gentalman, not a 6th grade bully. thanks

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Theres no bullying and you weren't the first person to make a lame/ drunken comment. You obviously weren't that drunk cause your spelling and grammar were pretty spot on and you remember saying it.
At least you are mature enough to say you understand the reasons behind my pm and this rule.
As I said you weren't the first and no doubt you won't be the last.

As for the bully boy tactics Think about this, You finally convince your othe half to allow pic taken then some guy using "I'm drunk" as an excuse to post some crap lame statement. Then the moderators who incidentally have had about 20pm's from various people complaining about stupid people posting "Drunken" stements and then you have the same scenario which gets repeated about once a month on this board.
One tends ot sick of it rather quickly and short on temper you try to be nice and send a PM only to get laughed at so you take a stand and treat everyone the same so don't think you are the only one feeling bullied.
In that regard those are the rules, live by them.

PS I'm all for freedom of speach I want the HP forum back but we are governed by rules and as the enforcer of those rules I have to do whats right for the forum If that means I got to be an asshole so be it.
Besides I like my mod job

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I have never said anything negative about anybodys wife or girlfriend.. BUT if you have the balls to post it.. and then you should have the guts to take the comments... I dont agree with this!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
ryu750 said:
I have never said anything negative about anybodys wife or girlfriend.. BUT if you have the balls to post it.. and then you should have the guts to take the comments... I dont agree with this!
I finally agree with you Dave
. I think that if you can post it, then you should be able to take the good comments with the bad. Just as long as the comments don't go overboard. If you think that she is fat, then why not just say that "she is a little on the heavy side; instead of saying "SHE IS A FAT COW.

Go to General bike talk and see how badly everyone is bashing everyone else.
The I got a ticket posts seem to generate the most asshole remarks. Why don't we start monitoring and banning those who make rude comments as well. Before long we will have everyone banned and the site would be shut down.

·
Managing MotoJoe
71,515 Posts
Hmmmm. . . where do I stand on this. . .

I appreciate where this rules stems from. . .there are some dicks out there that say some very harsh shit. I agree they should get reprimanded. However, I think someone respectfully stating their opinion is fine.

I've been called a few names myself before, including butterface. It's going to happen. I agreed to have my pics posted for all to view & critic so I know I have to take the good with the bad. . . I'm fine with how I look & if others aren't. . .no biggy-as long as they're respectful stating such.

I prefer truthful opinions. . . even if it stings

·
Registered
223 Posts
GSX-RDreamN said:
Also...this website is someoness business. Just as if you were to walk into a shop anywhere else you wouldn't walk in and call one of the other customers wives a butterface outloud so everyone can hear you...
You are missing the point entirely. The point is that I COULD call somebody a butterface. I wouldn't do it in a store and I won't do it on here, but it still pisses me off that you tell me and everybody else that we COULDN'T say it.

You guys have no problem ripping on someone's bike or car and it is really no different. If you post something on an open forum, whether it is an opinion, belief, or a picture you better have the damn common sense to realise that people can respond HOWEVER they want. I don't see you saying "be nice to religious beliefs" or "be nice to other ethnicities." One of you got a burr up your ass because you got personally offended by something. WELCOME TO LIFE. If you can let something that somebody types on a message board on the internet get to you that bad, you have some serious problems. You say be nice. I say if you can't take the comments, DON'T FUCKING POST THE PICTURES.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
170 Replies
112 Participants
Anthony D
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing