Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you newbies out there, thought I'd give you all some advice...

It's very important to be heard out on the street. When you're lane-splitting or zipping down the bicycle lane, people had better hear you coming. I recommend the following...

-double-pack your cannister
-go EVERYWHERE in 1st gear

Higher gears are far more dangerous as they're so much quieter. Stick to first and you'll always be A-Okay!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I heard that you don't even need a pipe, just take it off so your bike can be loud enough to hear.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by dan2k1_750:
I heard that you don't even need a pipe, just take it off so your bike can be loud enough to hear.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is true. It'll also save your bare ankle from getting burnt and won't melt your flip-flops.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Originally posted by dan2k1_750:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">From experience, you do need a pipe if you ant it loud. If you run an open head, the exhaust noise gets adsorbed by the radiator and plastics. It is just as loud as stock.

I'm going to buy some Harley straight pipes off of ebay and put them on. I figure if they make a Harley loud, just think how loud my bike will be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts