Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be gentle it\'s my first time.

first off i want to say that this site kicks a**. lots of good info and there seems to be some people on here that know what they are talking about. i am new to the street bike world, i have ridden snowmoblies and dirt bikes for about the last 10 years. one of my friends let me ride his 98 cbr 900rr erion racing edition so i decided i had to get a bike. i looked for about a month then while visiting friends out of town for easter i ran into a girl that i went to high school with. while talking with her i discovered that she had a bike she wanted to sell. long story some what not as long i bought her ex-fiance's 2003 gsx-r 1000 with 3200 miles for 5grand. i am sure some of you are going to say that is too much bike for my first one. well i couldnt agree more. the bike is unreal i am 6'3" 290 lbs and the thing doesnt even know i am on it. but i got a great deal on it who could blame me for not getting it. i have so much respect now for sportbikes and the guys that race them. so thats my story. i look for to recieving advise from the vetrans around here and hopefully riding with people on here from my area.

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Re: Be gentle it\'s my first time.

Subject: Be gentle it's my first time.
Not a chance o' that.
Welcome to the GDC.
Congrats on the new bike.

Only advice I can offer is to make sure you've got some decent gear. It's a handful, alright.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts

What is your area? And welcome to GDC..

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

What is your area? And welcome to GDC..
Ditto here too!

Rob

·
Registered
399 Posts

Ok how long does it take to respond...

·
Registered
4,880 Posts

Subject: Be gentle it's my first time.
Not a chance o' that.
Welcome to the GDC.
Congrats on the new bike.

Only advice I can offer is to make sure you've got some decent gear. It's a handful, alright.
so easy like that? Wow... is the old timer getting soft?
First bike and it is a 1k? DAMN!!!..

Sorry to say, gentle isn't the right term to use on your first bike. I would have to say, sell it back out or let it sit until you are ready to ride her. Get something small and work your way to your 1k. This thing will not be forgiving like you already mention so why do you think it will not act out if you mistakenly made an error?

Please be careful and we hope we won't hear any bad news from your friend saying something we don't like to hear as a rider.

also, welcome to the GDC club

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts

I got distracted with the 10 years in dirt. And, I've been slaving over getting my bike fixed up for the season. I let him off easy.

Who knows, maybe I AM getting a little soft in the old age... Now where did I leave my darn cane THIS time?

·
Registered
4,880 Posts

I got distracted with the 10 years in dirt. And, I've been slaving over getting my bike fixed up for the season. I let him off easy.

Who knows, maybe I AM getting a little soft in the old age... Now where did I leave my darn cane THIS time?
don't do it next time again
so what you prepping for the bike?

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts

don't do it next time again
so what you prepping for the bike?
My bad. Sorry.

Started out doing the fork seals, and 'blossomed' into a lot more. I did a large thread in the oil cooler forum on it. You can check it out here if ya want ... redoing the fork seals...

·
Registered
4,278 Posts

WOW!!!! - your first bike - 1K

Anyway good luck man and welcom to Gixxer.com !!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

havent been around the computer been out of town for the last couple of days. thanks for the welcome. I live in wenatchee washington. pretty much in the center of the state.

·
Registered
198 Posts

i'm dissapointed... i got blasted when talking of getting a gixxer 600 for my first =[...

anyway... GL with your bike and do as these guys recomend... they influenced me alot..

thanks fellas

·
Registered
4,880 Posts

i'm dissapointed... i got blasted when talking of getting a gixxer 600 for my first =[...

anyway... GL with your bike and do as these guys recomend... they influenced me alot..

thanks fellas
don't be disappointed. We sometimes slip and we hope that the newbies will read the sticky post on the top. But really, jumping to a 1k bike as your first timer isn't the right move. I might not be on here preaching about not to get this or that but please... please... think twice before you do or purchase something. Do your research on the 1k and ask around like you post on here.

Yes, the choice is yours but it won't hurt to ask for help and advice because that only strength your understanding on the sport we love and hopefully your love as well. We like to see more riders on the road not less riders with their name engraved on the stone.

·
Registered
198 Posts

i trust you guys and i'm going with an 05 sv650s instead of the 05 gsxr600

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

Sounds like you made a good choi
ce!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts