Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
eewww..sounds like what i had goin on with mine...have you checked the alernator itself...the stator cover, magneto inside?

·
Registered
48 Posts
About 6 weeks ago I had a problem with the bike not holding its charge. It turned out that the wires from the rectifier roasted it's connector. I wound up ditching it and hardwiring them individually. All was fine until recently.

Now the battery is good for one start, about 5 mins later the gauges will flicker and the bike dies. I repeated this by trickle charging the battery and got the same results.. bike starts
---> ~5 mins later ---> bike dies.

I haven't tested the battery yet since it's only 7 months old. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
If you have a volt meter then start the bike and monitor the volts at the BATT that should let you know if your charging the BATT... You should have over 13v there... Or the batt should have a min of 12.8v with the bike off...

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by eSeMeS750WX:
i wonder if the hardwiring solution does something further down the line in the E system???

anyone else??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have been on the hard wire for about 10K miles... No problems yet... But... if you do not cover the wires well, then you might have a problem..

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts