Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's the problem. I just picked up an 05 750 on Saturday. Yesterday, I get home and find that the battery has leaked all over the back of the bike and destroyed the swing arm, rear suspension, back of the frame, and both fairings.
The bike only has 150 miles on it. The dealer said that they would replace all the parts that have acid damage, but that would include most of the bike that I know of, and god only knows how much damage there is that I don't know about. Do you guys think that I should push for an all new bike, or see how this one turns out?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Re: I need some advice..

good thinking on the warranty, if they replace it all i'd make sure you get it ALL, like bearings, seals, spacers, alot of the time with stuff like wheels or swingarms you get a bare part and re-use the salvagable stuff out of the old wheel or swing arm, if it wasn't my fault or my money involved and it could have had acid all over it i'd want it all brand spanking new

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks guys. I talked to the Suzuki Customer Service people and he tole me that I need to work with the dealer. The dealer says that he can't replace the bike, he can only repair it. He really wasn't happy when I told him that wasn't acceptable. I think this going to get ugly.

·
Registered
297 Posts

if the bike has that much damage to it, i'd ask for a whole new bike. push for that. there is no telling what they will actually replace and what they won't. even if they do say they will replace "everything", they still may not, only the parts that you can see easily without disassembling the bike. i don't really trust many bike dealerships service department on their honesty, i myself have been screwed over before, along with many people i know. dealerships are always looking for a way out, a way to save their own ass and screw the customer.

·
Registered
528 Posts

+1 dealerships suck ass on customer service and prices.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

i just noticed you said back of the frame, do you mean the subframe? if thats all it is i could see where they might rather replace the parts, which seems fair enough to me... but if you mean the actual frame of the bike, then i would think that along with the other parts would be enough to "total" it

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

Just let them fix it. It is not like it is was in a wreck. Bolt off ... bolt on! Bam! Brand new bike........... No biggie! Extended warranty for new parts??? Any acid would show up right away....... jus add water and you will know the damage..... QUICK!

JMHO!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts