Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I worked at batteries plus, still pick up hours on the occasion, if you buy the "x2" line of batteries or drop the money on an oddyssey battery you will not be dissapointed.

do not, do not, do not, buy a one year warranty "xtreme" battery. junk.

I will stand by the x2 line though thats what I run, they are the same batteries that come factory in harleys, east penn/ deka, out of pennsylvania. good batteries. they will last 5-6 years if you keep them on a battery tender
thats good to hear man cuz i actually picked up an x2 last week and ive got it on a battery tender. and +1 on the above post about the customer service and knowledge at batts plus..ill def be going there again..hopefully in 5-6 years when my battery dies hah :punk

·
Registered
2004 GSXR 750
12 Posts
Whatever you do, make sure that you put a battery tender on it (the new battery) before starting the bike and riding.
They'll tell you that you don't have to change it, but new batteries basically have an 80 percent charge. If you don't put it on a tender the battery will never achieve a 100 charge capacity.
I bought a Duralast tender from auto zone and it works perfect and it fits in the storage area.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Whatever you do, make sure that you put a battery tender on it (the new battery) before starting the bike and riding.
They'll tell you that you don't have to change it, but new batteries basically have an 80 percent charge. If you don't put it on a tender the battery will never achieve a 100 charge capacity.
I bought a Duralast tender from auto zone and it works perfect and it fits in the storage area.
The battery that guy bought has to be dead by now! Lol.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
if you look you can get real good deals on Yuasa batteries, these are the batteries that come on these bikes and are closest to size and spec..

wait for these batteries to go on sale, then buy, they come dry with the electrolytes in a separate container.. so the shelf life is very long, buy when on sale I have seen them for $36 shipped, then if you need one its there and no waiting to ride, dump juice, trickle charge over night, ride next day, easy

Japan makes very good reliable batteries, china not so, best way to get stranded is to buy a Chinese battery, OR WORSE, I have seen them start fires on 2 very nice bikes, a Mille R and Honda I believe it was..

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
A lot has changed since 2012, regarding batteries.
Go and look at a Lithium battery. Pick it up. Feather weight. No brainer ! (y)
Of course if you ride a bussa with full stereo, you wont mind the extra weight. 😅

21 - 26 of 26 Posts