Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery died finally. I heard Wally worlds batteries(59$) suck and only carry, I believe a 90 day warranty.

So i'm thinking Batteries plus which is close by. With tax is $74, with a one year warranty.

Batteries in the past usually last a good amount of time for me since i ride year round.
And no, Im not gonna buy some yausa $130 one either.

Any opinions on the batteries plus one, or a local dealer like Napa or Auto zone. Pep.etc welcome:cheers

For the 0405 750

·
Rectally Assaulted on a Regular Basis
1,147 Posts
Never had any issues with the batteries i've bought from their, bring in the old battery or they charge you a $5 core fee.

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
Never had any issues with the batteries i've bought from their, bring in the old battery or they charge you a $5 core fee.
you talking about WalMart?

I've never had an issue with them either, especially after my Cycle Gear fiasco...:banghead

·
Registered
69 Posts
Do they make the mega boost battery for k6 750? I have the walmart installed as of now with no issues as well.

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cycle gear didnt have a Lifetime battery they could offer me in stock, and the one they had was with a one year warranty for $90. The guy said if they had a lifer in stock it definitly was even more.
So I went with a batteries plus "Extreme"AGM permaseal with a one year warranty for $82 with tax. Kinda steep IMO but it was close by and in stock.
And recently a friends rectifier took a shit, overcharged (fried) his battery from Battplus and it was under a year old they gave him a new one, no questions asked.

·
Lets go racing!
7,568 Posts
Cycle gear didnt have a Lifetime battery they could offer me in stock, and the one they had was with a one year warranty for $90. The guy said if they had a lifer in stock it definitly was even more.
So I went with a batteries plus "Extreme"AGM permaseal with a one year warranty for $82 with tax. Kinda steep IMO but it was close by and in stock.
And recently a friends rectifier took a shit, overcharged (fried) his battery from Battplus and it was under a year old they gave him a new one, no questions asked.

That sux I got mines life time warranty battery from them pretty sure it was only like $80.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Battery died finally. I heard Wally worlds batteries(59$) suck and only carry, I believe a 90 day warranty.

So i'm thinking Batteries plus which is close by. With tax is $74, with a one year warranty.

Batteries in the past usually last a good amount of time for me since i ride year round.
And no, Im not gonna buy some yausa $130 one either.

Any opinions on the batteries plus one, or a local dealer like Napa or Auto zone. Pep.etc welcome:cheers

For the 0405 750
I have bought from Batteries Plus before.
The battery worked fine and seemed to hold up well. It was still pulling 110% when I sold the bike (still tested higher than it CCA rating).
Discharge seemed low. My wifes bike sat for long periods w/o being ridden and always cranked over fine.
The store itself had top notch customer service and excellent sales people that knew the product line. Given the current state of most places where customer service is poor (at best) and product knoledge is nill (and that's being kind) I'll go to Batteries Plus just to support a company that takes care of their customers and trains the sales staff.

There are cheaper alternatives though, as have been pointed out.

·
Rectally Assaulted on a Regular Basis
1,147 Posts
you talking about WalMart?

I've never had an issue with them either, especially after my Cycle Gear fiasco...:banghead
i'm talking at batteries plus, i've never bought motorcycle batts from wally world but i have bought car batts there.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,201 Posts
I put a Bikemaster TrueGel in a couple years ago. So far so good. I think it was $70.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I worked at batteries plus, still pick up hours on the occasion, if you buy the "x2" line of batteries or drop the money on an oddyssey battery you will not be dissapointed.

do not, do not, do not, buy a one year warranty "xtreme" battery. junk.

I will stand by the x2 line though thats what I run, they are the same batteries that come factory in harleys, east penn/ deka, out of pennsylvania. good batteries. they will last 5-6 years if you keep them on a battery tender

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I worked at batteries plus, still pick up hours on the occasion, if you buy the "x2" line of batteries or drop the money on an oddyssey battery you will not be dissapointed.

do not, do not, do not, buy a one year warranty "xtreme" battery. junk.

I will stand by the x2 line though thats what I run, they are the same batteries that come factory in harleys, east penn/ deka, out of pennsylvania. good batteries. they will last 5-6 years if you keep them on a battery tender
Great, now I"ve got a 82 dollar piece of shit according to you.:lmao

Well maybe Ill just have to wait 11 months and murder it and hookup a new one.:shifty

Or if its upgradeable workout a deal. Depending how much more.

Im in need of another for my liter bike.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I buy walmart batteries.. I hate that place, but I do not want to pay that much for a battery.. I have bought 2 walmart batteries and they have lasted longer then the yasu (whatever they are called) battery I had first.. I bought another one for my buddy to put in his bike and that lasted 2 years then he sold the bike.. The key for me is to wire in a trickel charge lead to my batt in the bike and keep that batt pluged in when I don't use the bike for a few weeks or when winter time comes.. it is easy to plug in it if you give a crap about saving the batt and money.

·
I Heart Man Sauce
6,488 Posts
I rarely research anything about batteries because I buy Yuasas. The shortest I've ever had one is 5 yrs with normal winter maintenance. They're good sh*t.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts