Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Will the BATFE maintain their initial ruling that this stock is not a machine gun?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/

SSAR-15: Bumpfire stock for AR-15
Slide Fire Solutions has developed a stock for the AR-15 that facilitates bumpfire shooting. It is reminicint of the ill fated Akins Accelerator that was initially approved by the BATFE but later deemed a full-auto device and banned.

I am not sure quite how this works, but the BATFE approval letter and the Slide Fire website indicate that there are no mechanical parts. It seems to be using the buffer spring to provide the forward "bumping" force. This is unlike the Akins Accelerator which had its own spring system. The lack of any mechanical parts may be why the BATFE approved it.

right_side_angle-tm-tfb.jpg

Side Fire have it listed for sale at $319 on their website.

batfe_slide_stock_review_le-tm-tfb1.jpg

BATFE says its legal ...

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.
Agreed. NTM you're paying $320 for a essentially a plastic stock. :eek:hmy Bump firing looks like it may be fun shooting once or twice out in the boonies...but not $320 (+ ammo) fun.

I read the website and the BATFE letter he sent it. It seems he's trying to also market this as a way for amputees to fire an ar-15. I assume one would put their prosthetic (I guess something like a hook) inside the trigger guard and then control firing by using their supporting (non shooting) hand to pull forward on the hand guard. :dunno

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Agreed. NTM you're paying $320 for a essentially a plastic stock. :eek:hmy Bump firing looks like it may be fun shooting once or twice out in the boonies...but not $320 (+ ammo) fun.

I read the website and the BATFE letter he sent it. It seems he's trying to also market this as a way for amputees to fire an ar-15. I assume one would put their prosthetic (I guess something like a hook) inside the trigger guard and then control firing by using their supporting (non shooting) hand to pull forward on the hand guard. :dunno
I didt take into account the amount of ammo this would eat....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts