Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gday my 02 gsxr1000 track bike is almost ready was wondering if anyone could give me a good starting point for compression rebound front and rear.

1. i will be setting the sag to between 25 and 30mm
2. i weigh 170 with gear on
3. standard suspension front and rear
4. using pilot powers 30 psi frnt n rear

cheers
millsi

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
cmon guys a little help?
thanks

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
i dont think anyone in here is running an 02 1k bro so that is why there hasnt been any help. and really your best bet is to start with your rebound and compression set in the middle of the range and adjust it from there. make sure the bike rises slightly slower than it compresses both front and back. obviously your rider sag and free sag is crucial. your ride heights are also very important. 338-342mm's eye to eye on your shock is a good ranges, and between 5-10mm's showing of fork tube is a pretty good starting point.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
i run an o2 1K and be carefull what you hear. the rear being any higher than 335 is going to spin the rear up. i know a 750 600 is 7 to 10 mill showing in the tripples and 342 in the rear. set a 1K up like that and you will be on your head

i had mine set at 5 mil showing in the front and 334 in the rear.

i didnt answer this because i see to much bad advise on this and most boards when it comes to this topic.

my advise pay a suspension guy 50 bucks at the track to do your set up. and not willie the wrench in the next pit, a professional.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
we all run our own race

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wiz, wit the forks, is that 5mm showing from the absolute top of the tube or from that small line thats about 3mm down already?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts