Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 gsxr 750 stock but i dont know how to build it to keep up with later bikes. i want to keep the engine just do some work on it. bargain build up. any ideas......$1000us have stage 3 jetting, k&n filters on 36 carbs... what next?

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
What do you want to due with the bike? Street rideing,road race,or drag? That would make a big difference in what you would need to due.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Are you still using the stock pipe? If so you need to replace that thing with a good aftermarket. That will eat at least $500.
Unfortunatley motor work is expensive unless you can find good deals.
If anyone knows they will be on this board.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Look into a later model head I thought I read on here that the 88-92 heads produce better power, keep your eyes on Ebay there is Always stuff forsale at bargain prices, but the basic bolt ons, jet kit, pod filters, exhaust. That will run you roughly $700.00 new from a dealer, I wiuyld look into getting some 88-89 carbs

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
i would do some head work...i good port job really wake the gixxers up...i could give you a good street port job for about $400 in exchange for your head...i have some oil cool 750 heads in stock and could have it to you in a couple of days...also keep in mind that along with a port job you should also degree the cams...but in order for me to do that i would need the entire motor unless you had a mechanic in your area that could do it for you...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the infor i do have a pipe and also i have a buddy with a motorcycle shop for the discount but i need some insight on gixxers build up from the riders. i do want to do some street racing from time to time but just riding hard....

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
You can get a V/H powerpack or something similar. Get some hotter coils, do some head work, maybe even put a 771 kit in it.
Have fun and good luck

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
For cheap fun (relatively), swap out your front/rear sprockets and chain when the time comes and buy a 530 package (or 520 package for a 750) with +3 teeth on the rear sprocket. Spec the chain to ensure some extra links to cover. Nice change in moving the driving force down closer to the bottom/midrange and still leaving you with a good top end.

Next, fit a correct weight of springs in your front forks with some decent synth fork oil, plus some decent aftermarket shock in the ass end. Shop around for a used one that can be rebuilt.

Now the bike will go better and, once you've sussed the preload and damping out, will corner way better as well.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Pipe from my bike will fit you, yoshimura 4-1 full race with polished can a little dinged here and there but I will polish up the can to a nice mirror finish for ya
make me an offer, I have 36mm carbs if you need those too
-Karl

·
Registered
45 Posts
for a grand U.S. i say one thing........
7/11. (the rule at canadian wreckers for "old" bikes is a buck a cc)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts