Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what do you think are the best aftermarket barends? I went to buy some from the shop here and the guy told me im better stickin with the stock ones. He said aftermarket ones don't cut out vibrations as much.
Has anyone got any good experiences with different barends?
mine got all stratched up so wanted to get some new ones. But might just sand and paint my old ones...

[ 11-04-2002, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Damaja ]

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Sand and paint... Everyone I have seen that goes from stock to aftermarket hates them... Looks good but vibrates really bad.

John

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
DO NOT CHANGE YOUR BAR ENDS..THESE GUYS CAN ATEST TO THE DISASTER MINE TURNED OUT TO BE....
suzuki must use a fukin 500lb torque wrench to put the fuggers on..i had to but a whole new clip-on cause i snapped the bolt trying to get new 12$ bar ends on..ended up costing me 50$ + alot of headache..then to top it off, the bike will vibrate way more than stock...makes your hands numb..save your money for a different mod

·
Registered
900 Posts
Keep the stocks!!!! Nothing worse than the vibes you'll get at Hway cruising speeds. Phyco1000R you should have just drilled the clippon and barend, tapped it for thread and used bigger bolts. I broke the bolt changing back to stocks after the 1st owner used perm. Locktite on shitty aluminium ends.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Originally posted by Starter98:
Keep the stocks!!!! Nothing worse than the vibes you'll get at Hway cruising speeds. Phyco1000R you should have just drilled the clippon and barend, tapped it for thread and used bigger bolts. I broke the bolt changing back to stocks after the 1st owner used perm. Locktite on shitty aluminium ends.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I did try to drill them out...but unfortunalty i snapped the tap too...lol it was a total cluster fuk

[ 12-17-2002, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Psycho1000R ]

·
Registered
645 Posts
yeah, they're all right. Don't do it. For one.. half the time when you see them and they say..."oh yeah it will fit fine." But in fact half the time the bolt's a totally different shank size. So if you decide you want to, and do manage to get the bar ends off... which is possible.. (visit mr.WD40) to compare before you buy. Remember too that the thread is shaped differently on metrics to standard threads.

That's my phat tip!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I run slider bar-ends, worth it in case of a get-off, but the vibes can get annoying...

If I caould remember where I put them, I'd prolly revert back to the stock ones...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts