Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo, here was my late winter project that i started, I am just getting ready to finish up, so I can get it up to the sand dunes here in michigan (silver lake sand dunes) Just thought some of your guys/girls might be interested in this.

This is a 1989 Suzuki LT500R "Quadzilla" as you can see, we ripped the motor out, and put in a 2004 Gixxer 600 motor.

Scott

·
Registered
115 Posts
wow dude I've been planning something exactly like that for 2 years(havent had the spare $$$)... only difference is that i was going to stretch a quadracer 250 frame and have it set up for sand drags specifically.

let us know how it goes

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
That fucker will be a blast!!!!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll still beat you with my yfz.
Seriously though, when you get that thing done we are gonna have to meet up at Silver and drag.
I have one quote that I like to say. "Run what ya brung, and not your mouth!"

I am not going to say I would beat you, but dont say you will beat me off the bat. This will be stretched over 6" full race suspension, with nitrous. I am not trying to start shit, I Just hate when people think they will automatically win, and have never seen something run. But we will definatly meet up there. If you got your calander out, plan on June 22-23-24, thats when I know I am for sure going.

PM me or email me if you want to!

Scott

·
Registered
46 Posts
Easy Smurf, just a little friendly trash talk. I am sure you would beat me like I stole something. I am completely stock except for a slip on GYTR. I will however run anything up at Silver, not worried about getting emabarassed, its all for fun.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No its cool, I didnt mean for you to take offense to it, I am just saying I dont like when people trash talk before they know whats there. But I didnt mean for you to take it the wrong way, I dont care. But let me know, and I will meet you up there at silver lake that weekend in june.

Scott

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
nice i see a motor and a frame. then i see alot of pretty zip ties and what looks like some super glue sitting on the tire
i hope you strap her in good!!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice i see a motor and a frame. then i see alot of pretty zip ties and what looks like some super glue sitting on the tire
i hope you strap her in good!!
Zip ties for the rather large wire harness, and JB weld, to fix some case covers that were messed up.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wow...just wow! Id like to request finished pics and vids! I gotta see that thing finished.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You guys will definatly get pics and vids soon... I am in the process of machining a custom rear sprocket, design is done, just got to get time to write a program for the NC... Since stock was a 41 tooth 520, I had to do a 51 tooth 525 sprocket, with some custom etching and water jet work... I will get a pic of that when the process is done.

Scott

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
i thought someone here in the past had a go cart project with their shop class. I'm not for sure but I think they used a 1k motor?? Anyone remember this at all?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hopefully it will kick some ass up at the dunes.... Skat Trak is making me a custom set of tires for this machine.....

Hey, I do need some help though, does anyone have or know where I can download a PDF service manual for this quad? 87-90 Suzuki LT500R

Scott

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nevermind no the manual, I found one.... Thanks to anyone who was looking for one though.

Scott

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.