Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Administrator
8,641 Posts
Ok Boys and Girls, this is the official Thread for you to post up the banner you want to submit for the contest. Incase you missed the details in the Announcements here they are :

1. This contest is only for the top Gixxer Site Banner.
2. The top 5 banners will be chosen by us, then those 5 will be placed in a poll for the rest of you (guys and girls) to vote on.
3. The winning banner will be used as an alternate skin for Gixxer.com
4. The Size of the banner should be about 900x113

Any questions? Just PM me and I will reply to you with the answers as well as edit them into this post.

Have some fun with this one everyone. And make sure you are on point, Ive heard there are some great designers kicking around in here!

Stew

The entries so far

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I think it would be more rewarding if it were the default site banner. Not an alternate that someone has to choose :dunno.

That and it would make the members feel a bit more like "our old home" rather than "Vertical scopes house" :thumbup

·
Administrator
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Offering more options is the best root. Allow people what skin they want to use. After all it is being designed by the members, so choice is the main purpose here.

It will be available in both the dark and the light formats, as extra pages.

·
Mighty Mental Midget
62,918 Posts
I think the white layout should be the alternate color as well. The dark blue has been GDC's true colors forever

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I think Offering more options is the best root. Allow people what skin they want to use. After all it is being designed by the members, so choice is the main purpose here.

It will be available in both the dark and the light formats, as extra pages.
I think VS is just reluctant to change away from the cookie cutter image...... but that is just my opinion.

HOw about leave it up to a vote as well. Dark skin default or not. New banner default or not. Rather than you deciding what we want :idea

·
Administrator
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about we work on getting the banner changed first. Then I we can all talk about the Skin change. And this you can hold me to.

Stew

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
now if our artist folk would just see this.... the ones that are still here at least :crying

·
Watch Whore
5,689 Posts
What are the dimensions we have to work with on this?
This would be some vital info.

When Brian asked me to design something for him, I did using an overall dimension that I grabbed from a screen shot. For whatever reason, He could not implement it.

For now I dont think its really necessary to talk about needing the banner in pieces and such for implementation, but the overall dimensions are are pretty important and should probably be added to the first post.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
84 Replies
15 Participants
Admin
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing