Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in the process of connecting the wiring loom to a recently built chop with a 750WP motor and I’m using a Bandit ignition switch that I had laying around.
Thing is the Bandit switch has six wires whereas the WP only has four, question is do I just connect the four and blank the other two or chuck the Bandit switch back in the parts box and purchase the correct WP unit?

·
Premium Member
5,994 Posts
gonna have to get the schematics for each bike see what's what, read the pinouts for each ignition, does one have an accessory or "park" position the other does not have? still need the wire schematic and pinout so you know which connection operates what.. and if there is any sort of anti theft diode or resistor the ECU or ignitor needs? if it were mine I'd use everything off the WP, looms, ignition, ECU/ignitor, make it fit.. best bet..

if they're straight ignitions no anti theft so forth easy enough once you have the wiring schematic, but if the bandit has functions you want the WP does not have you'll have to wire them in using the WP ignition.. choices

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gonna have to get the schematics for each bike see what's what, read the pinouts for each ignition, does one have an accessory or "park" position the other does not have? still need the wire schematic and pinout so you know which connection operates what.. and if there is any sort of anti theft diode or resistor the ECU or ignitor needs? if it were mine I'd use everything off the WP, looms, ignition, ECU/ignitor, make it fit.. best bet..

if they're straight ignitions no anti theft so forth easy enough once you have the wiring schematic, but if the bandit has functions you want the WP does not have you'll have to wire them in using the WP ignition.. choices

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your advice TM, I guess you’re right the logical way is to use a WP switch when loom, cdi ,motor & everything else is WP and I’m just creating a problem for myself.
However before I go ahead and buy a WP switch I’ll check out the schematics like you suggested and I might just find a happy ending Lol 😂
Incidentally there’s no Bandit feature I’m looking to incorporate, ‘twas just the fact I needed an ignition switch and the Bandit with 2 keys was laying in the workshop doing nothing so thought “He’ll it’s Suzuki let’s use it!” - Not one of my smartest moves 👎

1 - 4 of 4 Posts