Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these while hunting on ebay...They look like tube steel bolted to the front motor mounts? Anyone have any idea if they fit an oil cooled gixxer? They're not for sale, unless you want a Bandit attached to them

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
The mounts to the frame would be different do to the Bandits round tube frame. Any streetrod shop should be able to bend you something close to those. Suzuki sold something like that for yours and I have seen them on e-bay every coupe of months. I'd rather get a set of good aftermarket covers. I have seen some steel guards that covered the lower half of the ign and starter covers but I don't remember who made them, they would look good in chrome.
Bones

·
3,476 Posts
Those guards must have a really good personality.......cause man are they ugly

·
Registered
176 Posts
I used to have a Bandit, and I checked those out.

For me, the problem with the Bandit was ground clearance -- the centerstand dragged (took it off), pegs dragged (changed them out) and I know that those engine case protectors would have dragged.

If you don't drop your bike, you won't need the covers. I'd just look for racing side covers (Factory-brand, two or three others too) that don't shatter in a crash like the stockers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts