Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 750m with a yoshimura race can. Ever since i have had the bike (1 year) It seem to have been running to rich. It starts with no choke and puffs out black smoke now and again. when i pull away from tick over when it is warm there is a MASSIVE flat spot and have to rev the nuts of it to pull of cleanly.

what i want to know is:

is it the pipe causeing it to run rich.
It has a standard air filter.
Is there any way of knowing if the carbs have been dynojetted at anytime and have not been set up properly.
Is there anything i can do to improve it other than putting on a standard exhaust.

it is stripped down ready for a service so new plugs/airfliter are on there way.

thanks for any help.

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: gixxerpower ]</p>

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks. I will try and have a look at it this week.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
the pipe shouldn't be the cause of it.....check the air filter, if it's dirty and partially clogged it would cause the bike to run rich. inspect the carb needles, if they've got multiple adjustment notches on them, then a jet kit has been installed (although it's possible to install larger jets without installing adjustable needles from a jet kit). also make sure that the enrichener (choke) ports are closing fully...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts