Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my new 05 1K 2 weeks ago. Busted my ass to get the 1000 mile break-in before we rode 300 miles to Birmingham from Destin, Fl. 8 bikes went and 6 came home. Woke-up at 8am Sunday at the Embassy Suites and my bike and a friends customized Busa were gone. Had to rent a car and talked the next 5 hrs about how we got dicked. I feel sick to my stomach that my bike is gone. Had ins., but will still be out a few thousand dollars. A weekend that I looked so forward to ended up horrible.

· Chubby Chaser
57,033 Posts
If there's one kind of person I loathe more than anything in this world it's a thief. They should have they hands cutoff like they do in the middle east.

· Registered
59 Posts
Very sorry man! I was going to do the same thing and head out from Fort Walton Beach. Bought my bike two weeks ago too. Then decided not to go and go to Emerald Coast Racetrack instead in holt. Bikes were stolen from there too. Not mine thank God! It is a shame that you can't have nice things no more without assholes just taking it. I hope you recover it or your insurance covers it in full.

· Registered
146 Posts
I'll never stay anywhere without "real" parking lot security or the ability to put the bike into the room. I always request a ground floor room--Make up some bullshit about having a handicapped relative and needing the ability to access the room from the parking lot.

· Registered
378 Posts
I just bought my new 05 1K 2 weeks ago. Busted my ass to get the 1000 mile break-in before we rode 300 miles to Birmingham from Destin, Fl. 8 bikes went and 6 came home. Woke-up at 8am Sunday at the Embassy Suites and my bike and a friends customized Busa were gone. Had to rent a car and talked the next 5 hrs about how we got dicked. I feel sick to my stomach that my bike is gone. Had ins., but will still be out a few thousand dollars. A weekend that I looked so forward to ended up horrible.
That fucking sucks!
I bought this a few weeks back (GPS tracking unit) @ www.mibike.com
I was debating on an alarm but got the GPS thing instead. It lets me track my bike on the internet 24/7. Trust me I'll be knocking on their door and beat the shit out of them if it should ever get stolen.

· Registered
107 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that, But you know I have heard more than one time about people having their bike taken when they are at the races in FL.
You know as soon as I am done with this reply I am going to buy me a alarm and the tracking GPS.
I love my bike too much to have it taken form me, by a coward.
I am not a killer, but if my bike is ever stolen, and I ever find the person that did it, I can’t promise you I wont become one.
I truly wish you the best man, take care of your next bike friend

· Registered
364 Posts
DAAmnn! That's f*cked up! So sorry to hear about that. Ins never covers the full amount on the new bikes (I know personally, been there). At least you'll get the majority of it back and start fresh. God that sucks, go through all the trouble to break it in fast, look forward to some fun at a track day and now this. Hang in there and best of luck...

· Premium Member
72,646 Posts
i know exactly how you feel. my 750 was stolen right from my house a few years ago. if you had insurance, why would you be out money?

· Banned
6,662 Posts
Hey man, sorry about your super bad luck.
Sometimes I get laughed at, made fun of, and called parinoid, because I don't EVER leave my bikes park outside when traveling. If I stop at a motel/hotel when traveling or going to Bike Week at Myrtle Beach, I always get a room on the FIRST FLOOR, and my bike comes in with me or I don't stay there. I don't go for parking lots either when I go to eat, I will park on the sidewalk, where I can eyeball.

Another point too, if I was riding with your crew, and it came to where we were going to stay, and park our bikes, your buddies would have got mad at me, because I would have SPOKE up and said, I AM NOT LEAVING MY BIKE OUTSIDE, PERIOD. That would have drawn frowns, and things like "you shouldn't be parinoid".. And maybe told to go somewhere else, where I would have quickly done!! I know, I have went through that before. They can get mad at me, laugh at me, whatever, I ain't doing it. And because of that, my bikes have not been stolen, or knocked over in the parking lots. It may happened to me, but they will never catch my bike parked outside all night long.

They can call me what they want, I ain't leaving my bikes outside, unless I am sleeping right beside it.

Again, sorry for your loss, and I hope you learn something so they won't take your next one.

· Banned
6,662 Posts
I'll never stay anywhere without "real" parking lot security or the ability to put the bike into the room. I always request a ground floor room--Make up some bullshit about having a handicapped relative and needing the ability to access the room from the parking lot.
Glad to see I am not the only one that thinks like this..
And I know you have been called "parinoid" by your friends when you tell them you ain't parking outside too!!

· Registered
248 Posts
Horror stories like this is why I leave my bike at home when I attend motorcycle events. I like to relax and enjoy the event and not be worrying about what is going on in the parking areas!
Sorry for your loss man, that sucks big time!

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have always put my bike in my room. This time my room was on the 7th floor. I had it parked at the entrance of the front desk the first night. But we got back late and nothing was open the second night. Parked all 8 bikes together in 2 parking spots. My bike was locked and the Busa had a disk lock...did not matter. They moved the other bikes to get ours. I will never make the mistake of leaving my bike alone again!

I will be out for my $1000 ded. and the $500 worth of mods plus $600 for the tax. Not a lot of money but enough to make me wait for a another bike.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.