Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using a backpack when riding to work and school, but was wondering if a tank bag would be better? I sometimes have my lunch and 2 or 3 books in it at the same time, it gets a little heavy. Which is more rider friendly? Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've been using a backpack to carry all my stuff for school. I have found that works pretty well, although I have never used a tank bag. But if you have any decent sized school books, like me, then there probably isn't a tank bag that can fit them. But I could be wrong. I'd stay with the back pack in my opinion.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have used both, and I find myself using the tank bag 90% of the time. The only reason I switch to the backpack is for larger items. I prefer not having anything on my back when riding. But, I also dont commute on my bike often, I ride 90% in the canyons. So thats probably why I like my "magnetic" tank bag best.
Get both and use the backpack for school, easy to carry all day between classes, and a tank bag for the canyons, for freedom of movement. I cant even tell mines there.
My 2 cents.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have used both, and I find myself using the tank bag 90% of the time. The only reason I switch to the backpack is for larger items. I prefer not having anything on my back when riding. But, I also dont commute on my bike often, I ride 90% in the canyons. So thats probably why I like my "magnetic" tank bag best.
Get both and use the backpack for school, easy to carry all day between classes, and a tank bag for the canyons, for freedom of movement. I cant even tell mines there.
My 2 cents.
same here.iv got a tank bag on mine,and i carry a back pack everyday.the only reason for the back pack every day is that i bring my welding helmet home daily.but leave the tank bag on so if i go to get sumthing to eat or sumthing small from the store.i also use the tank bag for padding to keep my zipper from my jacket off of it when im crouched down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts