Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to learn how to ride faster. On the tv they spoke about "backing it in" to get around the corner faster. I have been trying this and I don't think I am getting it right. Now I can run pretty fast, sometimes even faster than my mum, specially when I wear my good shorts, but I can only get up to about 25kph pushing the gixxer backwards. I am sure that riding it forwards I go thru corners faster than this. Taking into account the time it takes to ride up to the corner, get off, push the bike backwards around the corner, get back on and ride of again I can't see how i can do it any faster. Is there a supermod that will give me another 80hp at the sparkplugs to make it work? I heard that Rossi was doing it in the wet at Rio on the weekend. That mother must be crazy cause after I wash my bike and the pavement is wet, its really slippery and there is no way I am trying to run fast and push my bike for fear of dropping it. I guess Rossi doesn't pay for the damage so he can take it to the edge just a little closer. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Dude, you got it all wrong, Backing it in only works on long steep downhill turns. You stop right before the turn, turn around, then drift around it backwards
That is where the term "steer from the rear" comes from. Well, hope this helps. I also heard if you get a new gold wing they have reverse

1 - 3 of 3 Posts