Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my bike is now bogging sparatically. I just got off her from returning a movie, worked perfectly on the way down there. I parked, left it running and walked 6 feet to the drop box and hopped back on the bike and low and behold it was boggin seriously as soon as i took off again. It gets really friggin loud, kind of like an engine brake on a semi.

I noticed when i got home that i have a hose just a hanging out, when i rev it, it looks as though a mist of oil is shooting through. It originates from the top of the motor and runs straight back and hangs between my center k&n filters. I just beat out a rain storm and will have to go remove the gas tank and check, but does anyone know what this is offhand?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sounds like the breather hose.

Plugs onto the nipple at the bottom of the airbox (middle)Although I doubt that is causing the problem

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
took tank off checked for debris or any blockage, none, put tank on forgot about hose. but i did notice my fuel switch has been on reserve by accident for awhile, switched it to ON then had no problems. went out again later, and the problem was there shortly, but did dissipate again.

come to think of it my bike is acting like it has been running low on fuel about the time you have to switch over to reserve, same type of hesitation, but exagerated and louder

1 - 3 of 3 Posts