Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting a back protector, just not sure which one to go with. I'm leaning towards the Knox ladies back protector, but also considering alpinestars. Anyone have either of these and any input?

Part of the reason I'm leaning towards the Knox one is that it seems like I might get a better fit, since they have one marketed for women. But I'm also right in-between their sizes....so if anyone has input on how their sizing really runs and whether I'd be better going with a 5 or 6 plate if I'm right on the line for sizing, it'd be appreciated.

·
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity
98,059 Posts
astars makes really good back protection. a girlfriend of mine has one and she loves it.

i use a UFO back protector that's made for kids (i have a pretty short torso so it fits me perfectly)

you want to make sure that everything is covered. i'd recommend getting the 6 plate and wearing it just a hair low. you don't want the top pushign too much on the back of your neck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Hadn't heard of the UFO one....I'll have to check that out. I'm gonna make some phone calls and see if any dealers might have an alpinestar in stock that I could check out. The sizing on that one seems very difficult, since the only size chart I could find on the site was for men, and my height didn't even qualify me for the XS size. Go figure. The idea of the youth size had occurred to me, but wasn't sure if it was realistic....so good to hear that it does work! I'll look into that as an option too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a dainese jacket with a back protector. [https://www.motoliberty.com/prod_detail.asp?Prod_ID=147] It is now my FAVORITE back protector of all time. The main reason - every other back protector would slide up because the wide waist straps would slide up to my waist from my hips and push the top of the back plate into the back of my neck. Not exactly a safety feature. :nono

Alpinestars has one similar, made specifically for women. But, the armor on the Dainese jacket is removable. That does make it more comfortable under my leathers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thnx for the info! I decided to go w/ the Knox....won't be getting it for another month+ cause it'll be an xmas gift, but riding season is over for me anyways...so no rush. I like the idea of the pads in the jacket too...think next time I get a new jacket I'll look at that option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts