Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
If you have to go through all that to get it zipped closed while wearing your armor then it needs to be cut a little more generously. After AnthonyD put on some offseason weight we needed to take a pair of pliers to zip him closed while he exhaled all the air from his lungs. He said it didn't bother him too much once he got out on track, but I didn't believe him :D
Hahaha ..so you saying that Mr AnthonyD is actually a fat ba****d :biggrin
Now sitting in my leathers all zipped up , I'm glad that no-one can see me now I feel like freak ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've been using a Knox Aegis for the last couple years, I'm a big fan of Knox's products.

I have the 8 or 9 plate (I can't remember) version of this

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=4156

Just ordered some knox gloves and I love them. Im going to check out this back protector.

The guy I bought my bike from gave me one of those Icon vest. Can this be worn under the suit and provide protection?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,825 Posts
Just ordered some knox gloves and I love them. Im going to check out this back protector.

The guy I bought my bike from gave me one of those Icon vest. Can this be worn under the suit and provide protection?

Armor is SUPPOSED to be worn under your leathers/suit. It's just that street squids have made it popular to wear them and nothing else because they are stupid. Having leather over top allows you to slide when it hits the pavement. Plastic armor vests with all sorts of angles to catch on the ground is likely to make you tumble and flip as it grabs the pavement surface.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Armor is SUPPOSED to be worn under your leathers/suit. It's just that street squids have made it popular to wear them and nothing else because they are stupid. Having leather over top allows you to slide when it hits the pavement. Plastic armor vests with all sorts of angles to catch on the ground is likely to make you tumble and flip as it grabs the pavement surface.

I wasnt sure if it would provide the same amount of protection as the other ones would. I kinda do not like how it has the chest part because it makes uncomfortable when I zip the suit up.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Chest protection is a good idea.

Proper fitting that is. I'm not a fan of any of the vest style combo chest/back protectors. Nor any split two piece chest.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Chest protection is a good idea.

Proper fitting that is. I'm not a fan of any of the vest style combo chest/back protectors. Nor any split two piece chest.
Ok Ill check out chest protection too. The vest does not fit well under my suit at all. I might as well give it away I cant find any other use for it lol

Thank you guys for all your quick responses.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Dainese makes one that fits most lady bits a bit better. Check it out.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts