Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

...Riding now much more confident "aggressive"..so I decided to get a back protector. I got it one from Dainese a full size back protector (properly measured for my hight etc etc ). I was/I'm way to stupid to manage idea of actual riding to shop and trying a back protector when wearing leathers...nevermind that. So i get home try the protector and there is no way in hell that there is a possibility of zipping my leathers! Not a chance, even tried to zip it with only wearing thin top.. Mission impossible!!
My leathers are snug fit and believe me it took me a while to find one piece leathers to fit me that good. I do feel that I need a back protector thought !...

What kind of protector do you have ?

Thank you

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your answers..

This is the slimmest back protector I've found, and it's level 2. Even the other A-stars back protectors make my suit way too uncomfortable in the worst of spots. http://www.alpinestars.com/bionic-back-protector#.UsSYK_RDsrI
This one looks slim..I will try this one :thumbup

This is what I have and does not change how my leathers fit.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=4155

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Really?? This one looks really thick.

This is the one I have and there is no chance to get it under my leathers!

·
Registered
692 Posts
you should have bought your leathers after trying them out with all the protectors in place...common mistake when buying riding gear is not trying riding positions or all the stuff like protectors that we are likely to buy in the long run..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
you should have bought your leathers after trying them out with all the protectors in place...common mistake when buying riding gear is not trying riding positions or all the stuff like protectors that we are likely to buy in the long run..
I should have done many things differently but then learning on mistakes wouldn't be possible.... When I was choosing my leathers I did try most of the riding positions and I choose leathers I not only felt the best but also what fits me perfectly. I only recently decided to get back protector.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Hi,

...Riding now much more confident "aggressive"..so I decided to get a back protector. I got it one from Dainese a full size back protector (properly measured for my hight etc etc ). I was/I'm way to stupid to manage idea of actual riding to shop and trying a back protector when wearing leathers...nevermind that. So i get home try the protector and there is no way in hell that there is a possibility of zipping my leathers! Not a chance, even tried to zip it with only wearing thin top.. Mission impossible!!
My leathers are snug fit and believe me it took me a while to find one piece leathers to fit me that good. I do feel that I need a back protector thought !...

What kind of protector do you have ?

Thank you
Put the back protector on. Suck it in. Zip up and let the suit stretch in.

I feel like the cant breath right at first when I zip up.

My suit fits properly. It should be like a second skin.
Just about the time you think "this suit is too tight"... is when it fits properly

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Put the back protector on. Suck it in. Zip up and let the suit stretch in.

I feel like the cant breath right at first when I zip up.

My suit fits properly. It should be like a second skin.
Just about the time you think "this suit is too tight"... is when it fits properly
I wish that could be possible but I'm already weighting 130lbs at 5'7" height..nothing that I could suck it in haha. My leathers are so snug fit that under them I can only fit my breath...barely.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I wish that could be possible but I'm already weighting 130lbs at 5'7" height..can't suck in anything. My leathers are so snug fit that under them I can only fit my breath...barely.
I nearly have to have help zipping up my suit.

It fits properly.

My chest protector has no fastening mechanism yet stays in place. Suit is that tight.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I nearly have to have help zipping up my suit.

It fits properly.

My chest protector has no fastening mechanism yet stays in place. Suit is that tight.
My is that tight that I can't even wear a bra! Only one piece very thin under suit. Chest protector =mission impossible. My leathers are my second layer of skin.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I think that we already established that our leathers are very tight etc So how are we going to sort out my back protector issues? Should I just not wear it... I'm loosing my plot here. Can't see any back protector being suitable for me and that makes me very unhappy :(

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Ok I think that we already established that our leathers are very tight etc So how are we going to sort out my back protector issues? Should I just not wear it... I'm loosing my plot here. Can't see any back protector being suitable for me and that makes me very unhappy :(
You should not ride without it.

What I'm betting on though is if you put the back protector on and wear it sitting around for a few hours it will stretch in and be fine.

Or get a new suit :dunno

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You should not ride without it.

What I'm betting on though is if you put the back protector on and wear it sitting around for a few hours it will stretch in and be fine.

Or get a new suit :dunno
Understood! Streaching time that is.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Are you having one piece leathers or we talking here about fitting under the jacket?
On the street I wear 2 piece leathers. I tuck the tail of the bp into top of the pants and then zip the top to bottom. I also have a 1 piece suit that is more snug than the 2 pc suit. This bp still works. The 1 pc is snug at first but quickly forms out and then is fine.

I also removed the factory maxi pad pos from both.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Loosing some weight could be an option..at least it was in my case,2-3kg and it was fine.leathers do stretch and a maintenance kit could soften them a little bit.that could help.and you should wear back and chest protectors , in my opinion,everybody should.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On the street I wear 2 piece leathers. I tuck the tail of the bp into top of the pants and then zip the top to bottom. I also have a 1 piece suit that is more snug than the 2 pc suit. This bp still works. The 1 pc is snug at first but quickly forms out and then is fine.

I also removed the factory maxi pad pos from both.

Any photos of you wearing two pieces and one with protector and without, need to see the back ? Because I really can't actually imagine how can anyone fit protector and say that without it their leathers are snug/tight fit.

Loosing some weight could be an option..at least it was in my case,2-3kg and it was fine.leathers do stretch and a maintenance kit could soften them a little bit.that could help.and you should wear back and chest protectors , in my opinion,everybody should.

I'm already very slim and loosing any weight would makes me look not proportional. (I'm 5'7" and weighting 130lbs) ..chest department is the main problem here..

1 - 20 of 49 Posts