Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I spent all weekend working on my bike, and she's finally back from the dead!

it's not completely done yet, as you can see from the pics. I need a new tank, some air ducts, fork springs, and a damper. The windscreen is here, but all the fastener rubbers are old, so I need to order new ones.

But I got to ride!!!!
I just rode around the neighboorhood because its technically no longer "street legal". Runs as good as ever. Brakes are strong, but I think the rotors are warped.

Here's some pics, but my server has been ungodly slow today, so I hope you are patient.

My friend Mike and me

You can even see my smile through my helmet!

There's a few more, if you can brave the slow server, Click Here!

Tell me what you think!

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Glad to hear you are back up and running..

Oh yea.. Got to love the spray can black..

John

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by GSXR-Freak:
Glad to hear you are back up and running..

Oh yea.. Got to love the spray can black..

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You like that paint job! Took me all day. I've never painted shit before!

I'm hoping the new springs come in this week. The front end felt soft just going around some slow 90 degree turns in my neighboorhood. I haven't adjusted the preload yet since the new shock though. If they come in, are you busy this weekend?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well this Saturday is the Cycle Party so I will not be able to make that.. But maybe on sunday..

John

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's cool. My friends want me to go to Magic Mountain on Saturday anyway. I'll let you know if the springs come in.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Lookin Good Ratman
Hey if its going to be a Race/track bike forget about a new tank, the new one might end up in that shape anyways!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey Ratman. If you want a good painter tank I have one. It is in Granada Hills, which is about 10 minutes South of Magic Mountain if you want to check it out. I had it on my bike and it is custom painted red. If you want to look at it and make me an offer hit me at [email protected]. I am in the San Fernando Valley.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by nolimits63:
Hey Ratman. If you want a good painter tank I have one. It is in Granada Hills, which is about 10 minutes South of Magic Mountain if you want to check it out. I had it on my bike and it is custom painted red. If you want to look at it and make me an offer hit me at [email protected]. I am in the San Fernando Valley.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey since you are local to us...
Check this out.. Sign up if you want to go.. They are a good way to meet other local riders and we do a lot of rides...
I help to put the event on so let me know if you have any questions...

Cycle Party

John

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by nolimits63:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Is the red the same as the stock red, or at least very similar? How's the tank, any dents or dings?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hey Ratman

Are you sure that the frame on that bike is streight? Looks terrible though, near where the tank meets frame. Have it checked on precission equipment. Good luck. You can get a cheap tank from ebay in any colur and then paint it.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by raz_biker:
Hey Ratman

Are you sure that the frame on that bike is streight? Looks terrible though, near where the tank meets frame. Have it checked on precission equipment. Good luck. You can get a cheap tank from ebay in any colur and then paint it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, it does look pretty bad. The tank gouged into the aluminum, and it kinda dragged on the ground too (even with frame sliders). I took it to GMD Computrack, and while it was pretty tweaked (swingarm, subframe, frame, triple clamps) they managed to straighten it all out!

MCoker - Yes that is TK3 bodywork. Fit and finish isn't the greatest, but it was inexpensive, and the customer service there is excellent.

·
Registered
295 Posts
it looks awesome man, so its gonna be a full track bike now? i havent been on here long so i havent seen your story yet.

what kinds price did you pay on the bodywork and that upper fairing/guage bracket? what brand is the bracket? same with that exahust hanger.
thanks man
joey

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
I know how you feel. great u are riding again.... a few minor things and you will be rollin.

hey I have an extra set of ducts, you want em???

·
Registered
321 Posts
Originally posted by Ratman69:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by nolimits63:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Is the red the same as the stock red, or at least very similar? How's the tank, any dents or dings?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There are no dents in it. It did have two small dents on it where the stay bracket came down on it when I wrecked it about 3 years ago, butI fixed them andrepainted it two years ago. It has worked fine since. I was just going to keep it around for a spare in case I decided to race my bike, but I am low on cash. It is a bright solid red (toyota super red) and I will give you a cherry deal on it if you want to check it out.

Oh yeah, I signed up for your FREAKing party. Where is it at though.

[ 08-13-2002, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: nolimits63 ]

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
It is in Onterio... (sp) We will be sending out directions via the e-mail address you signed up with. They will be sent out on Thursday night..

I will be riding out there from SCV taking the 210 if you want to meet up with me.

John

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
That's one beat up tank..
Glad your up and running..musta felt pretty good the first time ya rode that pup since the little mistake huh..?
I think I already told ya once, but just in case I didn't..bike's lookin good.

By the way..what did GMD charge ya for doing the frame..?

[ 08-13-2002, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Hammer 4 ]

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Hammer 4:
By the way..what did GMD charge ya for doing the frame..?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think it was about $760!
Everything was tweaked. The subframe was bent because the exhaust pushed up on it, the clamps were tweaked, the steering head was pushed over, and the swingarm was bent too.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey Ratman, where is GMD located? If you need a stock dampner I have one of those too.

[ 08-14-2002, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: nolimits63 ]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts