Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up a k2 the other week... ive already blow it apart and started to put pieces back together... say this today and i thought was kinda weird...

how loose the adjuster is on the axle? it is supposed to be like that? its not like the axle can be pulled through anymore.. i've had a SSSA on my bike for a while now so ive forgotten what its supposed to look like... i almost wanna make a sleeve for it as you cant buy nice adjusters anymore..

·
Registered
GSX-R 1000 2014 L4 in the Netherlands
83 Posts
Seems available, don't think it is a big problem but also not really good to ignore?
Flat side on top ?

6144640F00, Adjuster chain, Suzuki

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
yea it seems loose, is the axle all teh way tight yet? also adjuster is backwards and you are missing the adjustment bolt and nut as you prolly know... but yea push the axle all the way the non threaded is alillarger in diameter but that may be the wrong one if its not snug on the non threaded part of the axle, it certainly doesn't rest on the the threaded area of the axle right?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,229 Posts
I can't tell from your pic, is the hole elongated or just larger? Something's not right as the hole ought ID to be much closed to the axle ID. Is there a similar issue with the height of the slot in the swingarm? It makes me wonder if the adjuster is for a bike with a larger axle or your axle is smaller than OEM. The raised lip on the adjuster should go forward so that the head of the adjusting screw touches it. See 2-20 in the service manual. Has your swingarm been polished?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its tight enough on the arm... torqued up the clip will go in the hole fine to hold the nut.. so thats good... the ID of the hole is 28.3 and its round

ill probably end up machining a sleeve for it.... yes the swingarm is polished. also by buying adjusters i meant like lighttech, or gilles etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts