Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following are some example topics that could benefit from having a TECH EXCHANGE article written. This is not to say these are the only topics that will be considered, but can serve as a starting point for ideas.

General Topics:

How to Buy a New Gixxer
How to Buy a Used Gixxer
How to Winterize your Gixxer
How to Prepare for Dyno Testing
Gixxer power ratings

Technical Topics:

Gixxer Intakes
Gixxer Fuel injection
Gixxer Exhaust systems
Gixxer Fuel system
Gixxer Body kits
Gixxer Body repairs
Gixxer Transmission removal
Gixxer Engine oil change
Gixxer Transmission oil change
Gixxer Tire Wear
Gixxer Suspension Features
Gixxer Suspension Springs
Gixxer Suspension Shocks
Gixxer Air Filter
Gixxer Headlight Conversion
Gixxer Headlight Swap
Gixxer ipod adapter
Gixxer Battery replacement

Common Problems:

Gixxer engine stalling
Gixxer engine won't start
Gixxer engine oil leak
Gixxer engine dies
Gixxer engine knock
Gixxer engine ticking noise
Gixxer engine break-in period
Gixxer emissions testing

Ready to start? Avoid disappointment by discussing your topic with the TECH Exchange Editor and get a pre-approval.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Carb issues
I have A GSXR 750 slingshot streetfighter with the 1127cc lump fitted Although its possible its @1260cc It came to me from my bro and had been off the road for years prior to myself taking ownership of it along side its amusements!

the carbs are running pilot 3.5 turns out There is a distinct lack of power over 7500rpm once in 4th n 5th I'm having to ride at low revs constantly encase this is a leaning out problem with the high speed needle and jets. If anyone knows the correct jets and needles for 1260cc lump this would be of great help as would being able to contact anyone with carb knowledge and settings for these

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone. I just got an 07 600. Love it but I'm in the proces of working out the bugs and making it perfect. Now I've got a -1+2 sprocket kit on my bike. Now I don't know if this is like this with everyone or what but on the freeway my speedo say I'm doing 110mph witch I'm fine with but what I'm not fine with is that it says I'm doing 110mph at 10k RPM'S. And I know I'm realistically doing 85-90mph. So I'm asking if anyone else has experienced this before and what do I do to fix it? Oh and also cruising around town on the streets I'm in 6th gear witch I know isn't right. Please any info would be great thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Following are some example topics that could benefit from having a TECH EXCHANGE article written. This is not to say these are the only topics that will be considered, but can serve as a starting point for ideas.

General Topics:

How to Buy a New Gixxer
How to Buy a Used Gixxer
How to Winterize your Gixxer
How to Prepare for Dyno Testing
Gixxer power ratings

Technical Topics:

Gixxer Intakes
Gixxer Fuel injection
Gixxer Exhaust systems
Gixxer Fuel system
Gixxer Body kits
Gixxer Body repairs
Gixxer Transmission removal
Gixxer Engine oil change
Gixxer Transmission oil change
Gixxer Tire Wear
Gixxer Suspension Features
Gixxer Suspension Springs
Gixxer Suspension Shocks
Gixxer Air Filter
Gixxer Headlight Conversion
Gixxer Headlight Swap
Gixxer ipod adapter
Gixxer Battery replacement

Common Problems:

Gixxer engine stalling
Gixxer engine won't start
Gixxer engine oil leak
Gixxer engine dies
Gixxer engine knock
Gixxer engine ticking noise
Gixxer engine break-in period
Gixxer emissions testing

Ready to start? Avoid disappointment by discussing your topic with the TECH Exchange Editor and get a pre-approval.
I have a 2003 gsxr 1000 the problem is that the bike spit and backfire then it just just power down and cut off it will crank back up it doesn't do it on every ride do anyone have any ideas what's wrong

1 - 6 of 6 Posts