Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting to make a temporary fuel tank so I can get to sparks plugs etc while looking over starting issues with bike. will also come in handy for syncing carbs later on.

My question - Can I just gravity feed fuel into the two fuel lines that were attached to the petcock? I'm assuming both need to be fed fuel. Guessing the small vacuum hose can just be left dangling. Grateful for help.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yes you can use a gravity feed . You should plug the vacuum line.
I bought an auxiliary tank and it was junk made my own.
Diagnose the spark issue first by grounding the plug on the engine. See if you have spark on all four. If 1 and 4 work but 2 and 3 don't it's coils or a short.( usually ) When spark is good then use the auxiliary tank to eliminate the petcock and tank vent. Check for leaking carbs immediately after hooking up the auxiliary tank . You may have a stuck Float and you could contaminate the oil.
sorry I'm rambling

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diagnose the spark issue first by grounding the plug on the engine. See if you have spark on all four. If 1 and 4 work but 2 and 3 don't it's coils or a short.( usually ) When spark is good then use the auxiliary tank to eliminate the petcock and tank vent. Check for leaking carbs immediately after hooking up the auxiliary tank . You may have a stuck Float and you could contaminate the oil.
sorry I'm rambling
sorry I'm rambling
thanks for that. Am I correct I that both lines need to be fed fuel or is one sufficient. Looks like one line feeds two floats and the other the other two. Just not sure if they are linked and thus only one line required for the purpose of testing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts