Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen some post about guys adding auxiliary oil coolers to help deal with heat issues, especially in hot summer traffic. I'm looking for links to find some of these coolers, pro's and con's, any other useful info.

·
Registered
43 Posts
that would be real halpfull Please post them link asap
its HOT N FLORIDA!

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I may not be an expert but I've put two types of coolers on my RG. One is in series in front under the main cooler, the other is under my seat in line with the plumbing from the main galley to the top end. I sort of figured out the parts myself and just did it. There is a site in the UK that sells fittings and coolers that bolt right on. My method cost roughly $200 in parts and time. The UK people charge slighly more.

Go here to see all the images of the oil cooler mods.

Oil coolers from the UK are here.

After you decide how you want to do it, let me know and I'll write it down in detail.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Simon... You are the "KING OF ALL OIL COOLERS"
Bones

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the quick response. The coolers from Earl's look like just the thing. Few extra bucks for the quality item is worth it. Looks like they can be adapted to fit about anywhere. I'll let you know how the project turns out.

·
Registered
249 Posts
jesus man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIMON IS JUST KING.

thanks for the pics and the info......

i like your handy work with the aluminum....

since i'm a welder/fabricator i notice things like that....

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a '90 gixxer 750, and have been looking for some fittings for my oil cooler so I can put my own lines on, where do you guys find those or do you just make they yourselves out of an old set of lines?...also wondering wheres a good place to buy stainless dress up hose in the smaller diam. sizes without buying a whole kit, I have a few small wires and would like to do my throttle/clutch/speedo cables and other misc stuff...

building this street fighter is turning out to be a hell of alot of work...I've never polished so much alumin. in my life...

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Simon, I was gonna try to switch out the oil pan and cooler lines to be able to use the cooler off my '89 750 with the '87 1100 motor that is now in it, but it looks like the header will hit the 750 pan when I put it on. The 750 has a deep section at the rear and the header doesn't look like it will clear. Did you have your lines custom made? Did you use Earls or did you have them fabbed out of the old fittings? The cooler end fittings are the two bolt/o-ring type, not a banjo. They are like the ones in the picture of your bike that mount on the carb side of the head (sort of). Hope that I'm making myself clear and not just babbling here. Any help would be great. Troy 341

1 - 12 of 12 Posts