Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gona change my oil in a few days. I need oil and a filter. I was buying oil and the filter from the dealer for waaaay 2 much. I have heard that they both sell motorcycle oil. This is my second oil change so I dont want synthetic. Just normal oil. Which brand and weight do you guys reccomend? Ill prob stay with suzuki filter tho.

·
Registered
380 Posts
10w-40 anything... I would use valvoline or quaker state
you will probably be able to find a Fram oil filter there too... but I wouldn't use anything other than the suzuki filter.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Valvoline has some new oil out specially formulated for 4 stroke motorcycles, Has special additives that compliment wet clutch engagement and some other stuff. I saw it at work the other day, I think im going to try it when im due for the next change. NAPA has it

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone else? What brands do you guys use? Ya...I will stick with the suzuki filter!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I've always used Suzuki 10w-40 oil and their filters. The local Suzuki dealer is right up the street. I'll be switching to synthetic after 3k miles.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
coo. Ill head down there. What will it say? 10w-40 oil for motorcycles? or will it say 4 stroke engine? What will it say exactly?

·
Registered
90 Posts
It will say "Suzuki 4-Cycle Motor Oil, SAE 10W-40".

If you buy it from the dealer.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did I not mention that the dealer around me is waaaay 2 expensive? Or did you guys overlook that?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how much better are suzuki filters then fram or any aftermarket? I always liked factory filters.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought a case of castrol actevo from the dealership for $40. Normally they charge $4.50 a quart but since I bought in bulk they gave me a dicount.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts