·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, this looks like a lot of fun :biggrin
3.5 miles 19 turns, Chicanes, sweepers, a "jump" :drool

fullcircuit.jpg

View attachment FullCircuit.pdf

I've been to ACC a few times, but I've only done north course.
Any of you ever try out the full course?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, that should be good exercise

I think I'm more excited for this track than I was for barber. I've been watching youtubes of some guys in A that are a lot better than me trying to memorize the turns.

Long right, left, left, left, right, kink-right... :drool

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I've enjoyed the full course at Autobahn. I have ridden North, South and Full Course quite a number of times. One time, NESBA had an "A" only day there. Only the "A" group riders were allowed, and we had the whole track to ourselves. Get this, only 12 people showed up! There were no sessions, and you could stay out as long as you wanted. I burned a whole tank of gas in one sitting. I stayed out on the track for an entire hour without coming in.

That was pretty awesome.

I remember the turn were the South Course rejoins the North Course, you would get air if you took the line in the middle of the track. On the left edge, you could get through without the drama, but it was pretty fun to catch air at a hundred and whatever miles per hour. You had to turn the bike right after the landing with no delay.

I think the full course is pretty technical, and certainly a lot of fun. But when is riding on a race track not fun?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've enjoyed the full course at Autobahn. I have ridden North, South and Full Course quite a number of times. One time, NESBA had an "A" only day there. Only the "A" group riders were allowed, and we had the whole track to ourselves. Get this, only 12 people showed up! There were no sessions, and you could stay out as long as you wanted. I burned a whole tank of gas in one sitting. I stayed out on the track for an entire hour without coming in.

That was pretty awesome.

I remember the turn were the South Course rejoins the North Course, you would get air if you took the line in the middle of the track. On the left edge, you could get through without the drama, but it was pretty fun to catch air at a hundred and whatever miles per hour. You had to turn the bike right after the landing with no delay.

I think the full course is pretty technical, and certainly a lot of fun. But when is riding on a race track not fun?
Wow, that does sound awesome! The only place I know of that does something like that anymore is at Mid-O. Something called max twilight. I haven't been but some friends of mine keep talking to me about going. I would be so tired after an hour on the track, but I would have to try. Endurance-racing just sounds like so much fun!
And you're right. I've never not had a good time on the track. Even when I went playing in the mud :punk

·
Dick/Vagina Embracer
2,945 Posts
J Bax, next year I'll be out playing on the track again. This year I have my new bike payments, just bought a 4x6 v nose trailer, and am finishing up paying for my car. Next year I'll be out and about =] ACC full course has been something I've wanted to try, it just looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

·
Dick/Vagina Embracer
2,945 Posts
You're telling me? That was a rough night for the GF and I. You going out all weekend? We can stop by and say hi, and see how fast you've gotten now.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll be riding up there with a friend in a van and my little trailer. We won't be there until sunday evening though - hopefully in time for the food and watch the go-kart race. But i'll be riding Monday :thumbup

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,422 Posts
Bax, I have a trailer now. Will be in orlando for the next week, but I'm going to do the day after GP at Putnam.... you in?

How was Autobahn?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bax, I have a trailer now. Will be in orlando for the next week, but I'm going to do the day after GP at Putnam.... you in?

How was Autobahn?
A lot of fun. The south course is quite different from the north. Tested out the jump a little. Had the front wheel off the ground and the rear suspension unloaded but I don't think I ever got both wheels off. Made improvements on BP and got to try out new brake pads SBS racing. Not an overly aggressive pad on the initial input but a lot more stopping power than the SBK5's I'd been using.

Im uploading a full course Video on youtube Autobahn this weekend
Where are the vids man! I did find one video of a fellow rider in A. I'm going to say he "followed" me for a bit, but he may have actually just been stuck for a minute :biggrin
http://youtu.be/zBm0FC-J76g?t=5m

1 - 15 of 15 Posts