Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously no race spoliers, but how the hell does Marquez dislocate his shoulder in FP3, then qualify in 5th on the same day, and race the next day getting the result he did?

That is superhuman, right up there with Lorenzo doing something similar only woth breaking his collarbone instead of dislocating his shoulder.

Having had both injuries, I will say that a dislocated shoulder is a lot more painful than a broken collarbone, which makes it even crazier.

:dunno

·
Currently using pedals..
2,979 Posts
Damn! Has he dislocated his shoulder before? I dislocated my shoulder wrestling back in the day and had multiple dislocations in the same shoulder the following years when olympic lifting. Once you've dislocated it once, it becomes easier to do and is also relatively less painful.

So if he has a history of them, it's not fun, but not that big of a deal either. If this was the first FULL dislocation of that joint... Dude is a fucking trooper :punk

Collar bones are no joke too :suicide

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Being someone who has had two busted collar bones at the same time, I concur - they suck ass. There's no cast for that... you just have to baby them until the two halves eventually stick together and start healing.

Lorenzo couldn't have 'broken' it - a fracture maybe. If it was broken, like in half (as mine were), that arm wasn't attached to his skeleton and there's no way you could ride like that?

Dislocated shoulder - I've heard that's no picnic. Riding like that? Wow.

·
I want Rossi to fuck my ass...
1,375 Posts
Lorenzo couldn't have 'broken' it - a fracture maybe. If it was broken, like in half (as mine were), that arm wasn't attached to his skeleton and there's no way you could ride like that?
I believe he broke his collar bone and then had almost immediate surgery and made it back for qualifying** the next day

Edit: He made it back to race not qualifying

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct. Lorenzo broke his collarbone in half, the medivac'd him to the hospital, they plated it, and he raced the next day.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Being someone who has had two busted collar bones at the same time, I concur - they suck ass. There's no cast for that... you just have to baby them until the two halves eventually stick together and start healing.

Dislocated shoulder - I've heard that's no picnic. Riding like that? Wow.
Here you go...

Soup :: Top 15 Stories of 2013, Number 7: Lorenzo Races Less Than 48 Hours After Surgery :: 01-06-2014

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Correct. Lorenzo broke his collarbone in half, the medivac'd him to the hospital, they plated it, and he raced the next day.
I stand corrected.

Racing a day after crashing & busting himself up, being cut-open, having HW installed and stitched back up?

Holy shit :eek:hmy

·
Registered
250 Posts
the greatest motivater for these riders....Money and Glory. over 6 mill a year for some riders...i would be riding my balls off too.

great respect to these riders....they are super human. >:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
zzzgixxer
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing