Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ...

For those that have been asking yes I am very close to the fires atm.

The smoke and heat is unbelievable ... and we are getting embers.

If anyone has any idea how big the CA fires were ... well these are coming on three times the size.

Sadly due toover zealous ‘Greenies’ that have halted burn offs , limited 4wd access through the year so tracks are overgrown and firefighters can’t reach or get ahead of the fires.

Per usual the government has sold off most of our water to big companies so we are fighting a losing battle.

Our Prime Minister fucked off on holidays part way thru the disaster can you believe ... and came back to a country that hates his guts.
Whole Ecco systems are being destroyed ... 80% of our koala population is gone.

Over 500 million animals have been destroyed ?

People have fled to the beaches to avoid the fires ... the Navy/Army are not prepared at all.

It’s like the twilight zone atm.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My uncle lives in Australia not sure what part but he said he's gotta stay indoors cos of the smoke with his air con on 42 degrees outside fuck that ! Hope they get it under control ?

·
Administrator
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Per usual our government is being reactive not preventing.

So much of this could have been prevented ... aboriginals performed safe burnoffs thousands of years before us dumb cunts came here.

They loved and understood the land ... the dangers of such a dry continent having so much fuel lying on the ground in bush land.

The importance of making tracks that made traveling through thick bush clear and safe for times if disaster struck.

What will it take for our corrupt system to wake up and take the reins back off these self righteous fucktards (Greenies)

This is the welcome our Prime Minister got ... rightfully so too.

·
Administrator
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is wrong with the world, why no action from others to help ? The loss of life ( human or animal ) is shocking. Hope rain comes quickly.
This is the start to our summer ... which means we are a proper fucked.

It’s only going to get hotter making for more fires.

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,077 Posts
yeah it hasn't been great... ive had 3 mates loose their houses (found out today), my aunty was stranded in narooma with no communication for 5 days, none of us knew what her status was, they ran out of water on day 4 and food on day 3, were provided rations after that, they had no fuel, and no power for 5 days.

prime minister is copping it, and buggering off for a holiday was a joke, i know he literally wouldn't have had a chance to do anything but work but it still doesn't excuse leaving the country for leave, his response in the last few weeks has been pretty good, and a hell of a lot quicker than 10yrs ago, they've now organised the emergency accomodation, food, water, clothing etc
those people having a go at him are ill informed, he made no cuts to the RFS budget, he allowed an additional temporary addition to their budget to purchase aircraft, trucks, and new headquarters/command post and training ground (35+mil all up) as an addition to ongoing funding without reducing the ongoing budget, he's organised wages for vaulenteers, got the ADF to help with evac etc

i 100% agree with outing the greenies, this is a fucking joke that its happened again, as if black saturday wasn't bad enough (that day scared the shit out of me), the exact same situation has fucking happened again.
our state government is a joke, they continually stopped cleanup in fire danger areas, and imo, they should be tried in court for criminal negligence. they knew 10yrs ago how serious this shit can get, there is no excuse for this at all, the state is in surplus, making sure basic fire prevention happens is 100% state duty, now the federal government will be getting involved to set minimum requirements because the states can't do the basics, which is going to be a fucking mess.

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
8,040 Posts
Damn dude(s)
I'm really sorry to hear about this nightmare... and it's just the beginning of your summer. The great barrier reef is dying off from heated oceans and the land is burning away too. It's almost apocalyptic.

Prayers for all of you. Hang in there bud - and everyone down there.

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,077 Posts
some good news yesterday, the mallacoota fire is out and strike teams are on the way back home, evac'd by helicopter and sea as the roads are still blocked.

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
8,040 Posts
This is just terrible / painful to read. A billion animals already dead and those who haven't been killed by the flames & smoke can no longer find food or water. They're helicopter-dumping thousands of pounds of veggies, as if that can work for all in need.

And unrelated to the fires (I think) it's so dry down under that 10,000 camels are desperately searching for water... so they're going to kill 10K camels? It's unbelievable.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
This is just terrible / painful to read. A billion animals already dead and those who haven't been killed by the flames & smoke can no longer find food or water. They're helicopter-dumping thousands of pounds of veggies, as if that can work for all in need.

And unrelated to the fires (I think) it's so dry down under that 10,000 camels are desperately searching for water... so they're going to kill 10K camels? It's unbelievable.

Thats truly sad . I’m sorry you guys are going through that. California sent some Hotshots over to you guys. I’ve met a few of them . They are highly trained individuals. I hope they can assist and give you guys some relief.

·
Administrator
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys ... it’s a really tough time here.
Everything is under immense pressure , it breaks my heart to see so much wildlife suffering or dead.

Where I live is literally just below the fires so we have been in contact with many who have fled for their lives and are in temporary accommodation.

Across the road form my workshop is a massive factory that has been empty for years ...last weekend it was opened up and is being used to store pallets of water food and other various things.

The scale of how much work and relief needed is unbelievable.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,439 Posts
My impression of the fires was consistent with what is posted here. Yet I just came upon this, which seems to say that they were exaggerated, i.e. claims of "false news". What gives?

·
Administrator
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My impression of the fires was consistent with what is posted here. Yet I just came upon this, which seems to say that they were exaggerated, i.e. claims of "false news". What gives?
Not false , just the media is always ready for the next ‘big thing’ ... as can be seen with the corona virus.

There is still heaps of relief work going on , officially the fires were announced as out last week ... so that in itself should tell you how big they were.

The scale of devastation is mind boggling.

I can understand your hesitation when it comes to fake though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts