Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the tech inspection before the race do they look for a VIN number? I have heard that some clubs do this is Williow one of them? Now before you go all nuts and say I stole a bike.....etc. I am asking because I am looking for a racebike to race next season and found an '03 GSXR600 but it has no VIN on the frame. The seller claims the frame was bent so he bought one off of Ebay...I do have another option I am looking at an 03 600RR that is very nice with a VIN....so do they check VIN or not....

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts
no they don't. and i'd be a bit weary believing some guys story about why his bike has no VIN on it.. i dispise bike thieves and people that knowingly buy stolen bikes. unfortunately a lot of racers do this. (i know you wouldn't knowingly do so) just saying in general.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no they don't. and i'd be a bit weary believing some guys story about why his bike has no VIN on it.. i dispise bike thieves and people that knowingly buy stolen bikes. unfortunately a lot of racers do this. (i know you wouldn't knowingly do so) just saying in general.

Yeah I think that I am a little uncomfortable getting it with no VIN on it. It is a really good deal and usually if it is a good deal there is something that you are not being told. Did you get the PM I sent you with the pic of the RR I am looking at?

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
I've sold plenty of bikes with no VINs on them. Racebike's often get destroyed and when you need to replace a frame, the OEM replacement is not stamped and comes bare from the factory.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I remember Fever telling me some similiar story about Christine when I was interested!

·
Registered
950 Posts
I've had frames without VIN's and it does not always indicate anything shady. Both my racebikes have VIN #s now though, and no titles.

thieves

Those who knowingly buy from thieves.

those who think honest people are thieves just because they don't have VIN's on their shit.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
i built my last 1k from parts. i needed a frame, so i ordered one.

its just a part, like any other piece of the motorcycle.

·
Registered
950 Posts
lew is a crookkkk pain and simple..

lew
When the fuck are we gonna be on the track together again?....I really miss that.

Tubby Dave

Maybe i'll see you at the last weekend at VIR.

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts

lew
When the fuck are we gonna be on the track together again?....I really miss that.

Tubby Dave

when the hell you gonna be on the track to start with ??? hmm hmm

and i will be at barbar that weekend., wera 4 hour.,

so when do you move ?? house is sold ?1

·
Registered
4,157 Posts

lew

Tubby Dave

When are you gonna fuck on the track again...too much info Lew

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Bikes with no VIN numbers on them, mean they ordered a frame from Suzuki and have not had their old VIN number stamped on the neck. Now if the numbers have been ground off somehow, then I would be leary on buying that bike. I know that State Troopers occassionally visit the tracks and will check numbers on bikes. You will have 30 days to provide proof of ownership if you do not have it there with you at the time of inspection

·
Registered
950 Posts

lew

Tubby Dave

when the hell you gonna be on the track to start with ??? hmm hmm

and i will be at barbar that weekend., wera 4 hour.,

so when do you move ?? house is sold ?1
House is sold.......Moving next month......going down to buy house in 2 weeks.

Maybe i'll meet up with you bitches at barber........depends on the move situation and transition shit though. I'm sure you know how much moving sucks.

Oh and

Taz

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have never had tech ask about a vin, although I have seen CHP at the track checking for VIN's..

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
anyone notice an individual trying to sell a bike at willow with a spare frame the with vin section cut, yes you read that right: cut, out? i doubted if i was the only person to see this, it makes me wonder...........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts