Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I woke up two days ago and started my normal routine which involves taking the dog out before I get in the shower. He did not want to get up. I kinda pushed the issue bc I thought he was just playing sleepy...little did I know. When he did get up, He was walking funny, and refused to eat his food. I then noticed him shaking non stop, so I decided to give him a baby aspirin and see how he was when I got back from work. He was no better when I returned home, so I took him outside to see him walk and now he was dragging his back foot...Bones is only 7 years old so this doesn't add up to me, especially when I never saw him actually sustain an injury...I then took him to his vet, who then quickly sent me to a Neurologist bc by the time we made it to the vet his back leg stopped working and he needed to be carried.. This has been a horrible experience, the worst part being watching the dog try to stand up over and over again and not be able to do it.....He's a pit bull so he's tough, but I apparently am not because this is killing me. Please take a look at the link and if you can help out great, if not a prayer would be appreciated. They say with surgery he has a 90% chance to walk again, without surgery its 30-40% chance....

I don't have any social media so if you guys could re post this on some platforms I would be very grateful.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-bones-the-dog-walk-and-run-again

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
My Ginger who is a mix German shepherd/golden retriever went outside one day and when she came back in she couldn't use one of her legs. Got her to the vet and was told surgery was needed. $5,000 later, after recovery she could use her leg again. Was told she would likely need surgery on her other leg. 4 months later, likely in part that she put more weight on it as her other leg after surgery hurt to put weight on, she needed surgery yet again. $5,000 later and she is fine but it cost $10,000 and she is about 8, not really sure as she was a rescue. Between Christmas, $10,000 and my house flooding last year, I have nothing I can give. There is nothing worse than seeing your baby suffering.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
I want to start by saying that I am an animal lover, especially dogs. That being said, I saw your goal was $7000. $3000 of which you already put on your credit card. I can understand asking for help for the remaining $4000 but you want me to donate money to pay off your credit card balance? The goal is to get your dog surgery. You need $4000 to do that. That is only what you should be asking for.

Reactions: coopgt1

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,925 Posts
So I woke up two days ago and started my normal routine which involves taking the dog out before I get in the shower. He did not want to get up. I kinda pushed the issue bc I thought he was just playing sleepy...little did I know. When he did get up, He was walking funny, and refused to eat his food. I then noticed him shaking non stop, so I decided to give him a baby aspirin and see how he was when I got back from work. He was no better when I returned home, so I took him outside to see him walk and now he was dragging his back foot...Bones is only 7 years old so this doesn't add up to me, especially when I never saw him actually sustain an injury...I then took him to his vet, who then quickly sent me to a Neurologist bc by the time we made it to the vet his back leg stopped working and he needed to be carried.. This has been a horrible experience, the worst part being watching the dog try to stand up over and over again and not be able to do it.....He's a pit bull so he's tough, but I apparently am not because this is killing me. Please take a look at the link and if you can help out great, if not a prayer would be appreciated. They say with surgery he has a 90% chance to walk again, without surgery its 30-40% chance....

I don't have any social media so if you guys could re post this on some platforms I would be very grateful.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-bones-the-dog-walk-and-run-again
Is the Surgery $7000.00?

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Is the Surgery $7000.00?
The way I read it and assumed based on what was written was the initial vet visit, treatment and diagnosis was $3000 which they put on a credit card. The surgery is an additional $4000. Totalling $7000

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Ginger who is a mix German shepherd/golden retriever went outside one day and when she came back in she couldn't use one of her legs. Got her to the vet and was told surgery was needed. $5,000 later, after recovery she could use her leg again. Was told she would likely need surgery on her other leg. 4 months later, likely in part that she put more weight on it as her other leg after surgery hurt to put weight on, she needed surgery yet again. $5,000 later and she is fine but it cost $10,000 and she is about 8, not really sure as she was a rescue. Between Christmas, $10,000 and my house flooding last year, I have nothing I can give. There is nothing worse than seeing your baby suffering.
My God that's horrible I am so sorry to hear that....I hope and pray that your situation turns to one of abundance in all areas. You are absolutely right, nothing worse.

I want to start by saying that I am an animal lover, especially dogs. That being said, I saw your goal was $7000. $3000 of which you already put on your credit card. I can understand asking for help for the remaining $4000 but you want me to donate money to pay off your credit card balance? The goal is to get your dog surgery. You need $4000 to do that. That is only what you should be asking for.
You're absolutely right about that...its $4000 for the surgery, the $3000 was put on a card. My wife's friend made the page for us so she was only working on what she knew to be correct. The amount has been changed.

Is the Surgery $7000.00?

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Whippit, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is something I have been through too many times and it never gets any easier. Nothing I can say will help your loss but I do hope these might help you and your wife work through your grief.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
I read the update. Sorry for your loss Whippet. I've been there and it's awful.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whippit, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is something I have been through too many times and it never gets any easier. Nothing I can say will help your loss but I do hope these might help you and your wife work through your grief.

I read the update. Sorry for your loss Whippet. I've been there and it's awful.
Thank you so much we truly appreciate the kind words and those attachments definitely helped.

Bones was suffering and we couldn't let it continue. We are absolutely devastated but it was the right thing to do.

Cherish all the time you have with your pets!!

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
Truly sorry mate ... I’m still grieving from our last pet that past last year.

They really are a part of the family , their unconditional love and the bond you build is very special.

I never use the word replacement, but you can open your heart to another fur baby

Reactions: Whippet

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Truly sorry mate ... I’m still grieving from our last pet that past last year.

They really are a part of the family , their unconditional love and the bond you build is very special.

I never use the word replacement, but you can open your heart to another fur baby
Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate that man. We took your advice, along with my vet and the staff at two local shelters lol..we came across this guy and he's now our newest family member...meet Moose!

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
Outstanding brother ... goose will be just what you need

Reactions: Whippet

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate that man. We took your advice, along with my vet and the staff at two local shelters lol..we came across this guy and he's now our newest family member...meet Moose!
Congratulations to you, your wife and Moose! May you have many happy years together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts