Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
besides the tail plastic action,seats...what else would i need? i'm about to go dissassemble my tail section and take a look at the subframe...can y'all think of anything else?

rock on
-wil

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Well, I saw a picture of an older 1100 in the UK that has that tail section. So it can be done. Now the hard part. Doing it yourself. You'll be fabricating your own mounting brackets, I'm almost certain of that. You'll need to be patient and measure everything twice. or more...beyond that...well, welcome to the wonderful world of self fabrication!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bcklrcr:
well, welcome to the wonderful world of self fabrication!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm...the wonderful world of self-fabrication...i wonder if it's anything like the suspension on my jeep
. anyway, i'm looking forward to messing around with the plastics and whatnot...should be quite a bit easier than control arms and coils.

rock on
-wil

·
Registered
74 Posts
cool someone else with the same thoughts. I wanted to put a newer tail on my y2k 600. They said look out, everything is different. subframe, mounts, angles and all. kinda dissapointing but haven't given up yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N4GIVN:
cool someone else with the same thoughts. I wanted to put a newer tail on my y2k 600. They said look out, everything is different. subframe, mounts, angles and all. kinda dissapointing but haven't given up yet.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

screw 'them'! i've been looking at the mounting brackets for my subframe...not really any...as soon as i get the 2001, i can start fabbin. but initially, i'm going to use the 'L/U' connecters from a hardware store to get the basic frame down...them i'm gonna weld some pipe together...shouldn't really be that hard...or expensive. of course...assuming this project turns out like most of mine...i'm gonna have to buy a new subframe too.

rock on
-wil

·
Registered
74 Posts
yup yup I hear ya'. wanna do it, gotta do it, gonna do it. pretty much how it goes for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts