Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a downed K7 and I'm going through everything that needs help. It had C22 code, so I checked the connection to the AP sensor, and no AP sensor at all! I guess I'm just curious, is removal of the AP sensor a common modification? Any ideas why it would just be gone?

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,681 Posts
Prior owner was an idiot.....

It's needed so the ECM can calculate against the intake air pressure sensor and determine how much air is really going into the engine. I think I might have one laying around...... I'll post again after I confirm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh wow, thank you! I just ordered one off of eBay for $5, but if you have one and this one doesn't work out, I would kick you a few bucks for yours.

When I asked the seller about the FI light, he said he "couldn't figure out how to turn it off" 😂 I'm guessing his final attempt was to just remove the sensor.

·
13,681 Posts
LOL. I have four complete (15620-29G10) and one more without the rubber mount.

Regarding your light, is C22 the only code?

·
Registered
Accurate Butt Dyno
281 Posts
Or, he bought it that way and didn't know anything about bikes, amazes me how many people with no mechanical knowledge try to work on bikes. Can't tell you how many times I've picked up a bike on the cheap because "it isn't working" only to have it sorted with an hour or two and less than $50 in parts, if people would just take it into a qualified mechanic it would save so much headache.
Oh wow, thank you! I just ordered one off of eBay for $5, but if you have one and this one doesn't work out, I would kick you a few bucks for yours.

When I asked the seller about the FI light, he said he "couldn't figure out how to turn it off" 😂 I'm guessing his final attempt was to just remove the sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
C22 is all that showed up when I checked. I'm assuming it will cycle through the codes if there are multiple. Do you have to manually cycle through them?

DBK81 - Totally possible. The whole thing was kind of weird, the guy bought it from someone in a town a few hours away and only had it for two weeks. I knew it had been down before, but I figured it was with the previous owner. Some clues suggest it was my seller, though. The guy lives in basically a shack with his own personal mini-junkyard, so if I had to bet, I would guess it was him trying to work on it. Kind of a wildcard bike, but I traded a 35 year old bike I paid $500 for, so can't lose too much on it 😂

·
13,681 Posts
No, but it does take a couple seconds for it to cycle on it's own. You wouldn't have been the first to read the first code that popped up and then stopped paying attention.

·
Registered
Accurate Butt Dyno
281 Posts
C22 is all that showed up when I checked. I'm assuming it will cycle through the codes if there are multiple. Do you have to manually cycle through them?

DBK81 - Totally possible. The whole thing was kind of weird, the guy bought it from someone in a town a few hours away and only had it for two weeks. I knew it had been down before, but I figured it was with the previous owner. Some clues suggest it was my seller, though. The guy lives in basically a shack with his own personal mini-junkyard, so if I had to bet, I would guess it was him trying to work on it. Kind of a wildcard bike, but I traded a 35 year old bike I paid $500 for, so can't lose too much on it 😂
Those finds are the best, my most recent build was a non running non shifting '87 GSXR 1100, previous owner bought it, and then realized he didn't have the skill set to sort it out, $500 purchase price, maybe another $1,000-$1,200 and I have a great little daily city run around bike. Not going to lie though I did put in more than a few hours on this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the sensor in today. FI light is cleared. I was having an issue with it firing up cold just fine but struggling to start up again after it got warm. Seems so far like getting the sensor in there solved it 👍👍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts