Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who's going? i'll be there...

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darren, have you been to Summit before? This will be my first time there...

·
Registered
600 Posts
I did two days at Summit with TPM back in November. That was my only time on the track. My friend Brandon has never been there either so I will be giving him a tow. We plan on practicing either Friday or Saturday, whichever day has better weather.

What are your plans?

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wife and I will be there Friday night, practicing Saturday. See you there...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Darren, have you been to Summit before? This will be my first time there...
WHAT?????

You've never been to Summit? What is wrong with you, awesome track, relatively close by. Well used to be awesome before the fu(ked it up with a repave, now it is a crapshoot. Great track with a little bit of everything. I would say it is similar to Roebling.

I'll be there! Teaching a new racer's school Friday. Vixen's Friday night. Sitting out the crap show Saturday (if you have participated in a MARRC Memorial Day weekend practice you will know what I mean). Then 7 races

·
Registered
600 Posts
WHAT?????

You've never been to Summit? What is wrong with you, awesome track, relatively close by. Well used to be awesome before the fu(ked it up with a repave, now it is a crapshoot. Great track with a little bit of everything. I would say it is similar to Roebling.

I'll be there! Teaching a new racer's school Friday. Vixen's Friday night. Sitting out the crap show Saturday (if you have participated in a MARRC Memorial Day weekend practice you will know what I mean). Then 7 races
Dave - I'm planning to get my practice in on Friday but weather pending, possibly Saturday too. Based upon your "crap show" commend, are you suggesting that I avoid Saturday practice? PM me so I can get the full details!

Darren

·
Registered
755 Posts
Dave - I'm planning to get my practice in on Friday but weather pending, possibly Saturday too. Based upon your "crap show" commend, are you suggesting that I avoid Saturday practice? PM me so I can get the full details!

Darren
First off it is a cheap track day. Second it is on a weekend when everyone is off. Third I've been going that weekend since 2006 and it gets overloaded with track day beginers which wouldn't be so bad if the policy wasn't you get to pick your own group, MARRC really only runs this one event a year so there isn't anyone to put people in the right groups. What this leads to is every "fast" street guy (or so they think) putting themselves in the fastest group and the groups get WAY WAY overfilled.

In 2006 I did one session and parked my bike. Something like 5 crashes right off the bat, I parked the bike after going into turn 1 and the riders were 7 wide wiggling all over trying to pass but it was like in slow motion because the fastest guy there was running like 2 minute lap times. Last year I didn't participate in the practice but those that did said they got exactly four complete laps. Ask Rob and Mike S about it, they bitched for a year. Better off doing the TPM track day and going out hard that night with us to look at boobies.

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
The wife and I will be there Friday night, practicing Saturday. See you there...
Since it's a holiday weekend, you really want to stay away from the NJ Turnpike for the ride down and back unless you like TONS of traffic. Your best bet it to take 287 out to 78 all the way into Harrisburg, then 81 down to Innwood (??), then to the track. It's a bit longer of a drive (by like 50mi) but will only take a bit over 4 hours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
njracer
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing