Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my new tires arrived 2day ...michelin pilot powers...but they got the size wrong..i ordered 190,they sent 180.....question is on a 6"rim whats the downside to mounting this tire and not sending it back for the 190...i know what the plusses are......also in 2k did the 750s go to a 5.5"rim and 180s?

also does it fit right on the rim?

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
The downside is you paid more to get a 190, but got a 180

... You should be just fine, if not perfect, on the 180.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
keep the 180 for defo. if your running a 190 at the moment you'll notice the difference pretty quickly.... the 190 may be more aesthetically pleasing but it'll slow your dropping in to corners. The 180 should go fine on the rim you have.
only thing i'd suggest is getting a refund on the extra you paid for the bigger tyre.

as far as the rim size change on the K series bikes, i think your right, pretty sure they went with the narrower rim and tyre, same as the 600. Ask in the Y2K Gixxers forum to be sure....

·
Registered
218 Posts
stick with the 180. I just switched over from a 190 to a 180. Saved money on the tire.. and IMO it handles A LOT better

not as cool looking though.

5.5 inch rim on 95's
6 inch rim on 96-99
5.5 inch rim on 2000 - 2005

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.