Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,742 Posts
Beautiful but you know me.... that should look stock :crying

You need to be much MORE of a man to open up that thing with the puny bicycle forks that came with it. :fact

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beautiful but you know me.... that should look stock :crying

You need to be much MORE of a man to open up that thing with the puny bicycle forks that came with it. :fact
You got a point there.....when men were men and sheep were scared. :lol

·
7,742 Posts
Funny I just did some googling and it made 68 hp pre-production '74 and by the time '77 rolled around, it was up to a whopping 70 hp! It was probably just scary because it came on all at once.

GT 750 B 1977
Overall Length: 2,215 mm (87.2 in)
Overall Width: 865 mm (34.0 in)
Overall Height: 1,125mm (44.3 in)
Wheelbase: 1,460 mm (57.5 in)
Ground Clearance: 140 mm (5.5 in)
Dry Weight: 214 kg (470 lbs)
Engine type: Water-cooled 738 cc inline-3, 2-stroke. 70 hp/ 6,500 rpm, 8.5 kg-m/ 5,500 rpm.

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im pretty sure I have seen this bike at the York show. Id like to have one some day.
The GT550 triples were air cooled and much lighter. I'd like to have a 550 with a 3 into 1 Toomey pipe. They sound sweet. My buddy had one years ago, super fun to ride.
Those bikes have 3 sets of points, it's ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Buddy in high school back in '86 had a purple water-buffalo. Rode it twice,almost pitched me off both times through the mountains;chassis/tires were horrendous. We switched bikes,he rode my '85 Interceptor 500 and called it a piece of shit that,handled like a piece of shit. So go figure :lol

I'd ride that purrty blue one posted above,in a straight line though :punk

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buddy in high school back in '86 had a purple water-buffalo. Rode it twice,almost pitched me off both times through the mountains;chassis/tires were horrendous. We switched bikes,he rode my '85 Interceptor 500 and called it a piece of shit that,handled like a piece of shit. So go figure :lol

I'd ride that purrty blue one posted above,in a straight line though :punk
I was like 17 years old at the Honda dealership drooling over the 500 Interceptor. I wanted one so bad lol.
Ended up getting a first year GSXR750 and parked my old KZ1000.
I was that crazy kid who went from a CB400 SuperSport to a KZ1000.

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,918 Posts
I was like 17 years old at the Honda dealership drooling over the 500 Interceptor. I wanted one so bad lol.
I think that was the natural progression back then. My friend went from the CB400 to the Suzuki 1100E .

I use to call my VF500 the Flexable flier. Riding hi speed through some corners you could feel the bike moving around under you . It was probably more the tires squirming around under me than the bike back them .

·
7,742 Posts
I've got you beat.

I conned some poor schmuck who had his 400-four for sale into letting me test ride it. When I was 15 lol.

Beyond dirtbikes, my first streetbike was an '82 Seca 650, which I crashed, abused and destroyed for almost 2 years beforeI too bought a kawi 1000.

At the time I was in love with the interceptor 1000 but this kawi kicked all ass before it... even if it might not have gone around a track as quick as the gix 1100. But the ninja gave me a lifetime's worth of wheelie fixes so it's all good :lol

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got you beat.

I conned some poor schmuck who had his 400-four for sale into letting me test ride it. When I was 15 lol.

Beyond dirtbikes, my first streetbike was an '82 Seca 650, which I crashed, abused and destroyed for almost 2 years beforeI too bought a kawi 1000.

At the time I was in love with the interceptor 1000 but this kawi kicked all ass before it... even if it might not have gone around a track as quick as the gix 1100. But the ninja gave me a lifetime's worth of wheelie fixes so it's all good :lol
Funny story. I was on the Houston cruising strip Westeimer Rd. Had my 1000 Katana around 198-86. This guy pulls up on his VFR1000 Interceptor, he had full leathers all matching with matching helmet. It was brand new. Light turned green, he took off and I wheelied past him lol.
At the next light he asked me what kind of bike I was on. He couldn't believe it was 3 years old already.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Ha! I traded my 2yr old Interceptor in on the very 1st 1987 blue/white GSXR-750 that rolled into the dealership. I was a senior in high school&I thought I was the shit when I got that 750.:banana

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
That bike is awesome. :woot

·
LOVES old ass '85-'92 GSXR's,HATES new GSXR's
436 Posts
is this a "defaut" seat for this suzuki?
I mean it looks really comfy, and I wish I could get that in my gixxer
While I'm not a fan of old designs... THIS ONE LOOKS AWESOME! A piece of art I can say.

·
7,742 Posts
:surprise: That ought to sell pretty quick, all original too.
Well, those expansion chambers don't scream OEM but still, that's a cool old bike for the money. I love the sound of an 'idling' 2-stroke. And the SMELL. Moreso than race gas, even.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
7 Participants
le skid
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing