Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of these systems rock and I like that short akro series just can not make up my mind. Just seeing what you guys would buy if had a choice.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
as much as i loved my arata i'd go with the akro evo, couple friends have them and its a bad ass system, and most people don't even know it exists

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
pic i found on the net, but since it is such a little known system there aren't many pics, not even from akra... and the thing is its cheaper than the standard evolution

pic of my akra cut down, slightly shorter than the EVO ii

·
Registered
79 Posts
Del La Sol how does a pipe cut like that perform? Lower HP or it feels just the same?
How does it sound?

·
Registered
362 Posts
depends how deep your pockets are. both are great. I was going to get the evo until I found an arata on the "bay" for the low like $255.00 low... so there you have it. I was going to sell it and get the evo, but now I'm content.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Del La Sol how does a pipe cut like that perform? Lower HP or it feels just the same?
How does it sound?
if its properly built a shorter one would generally make more power, i just took a wrecked akra race and chopped it down so its not like it was engineered around its size so i don't know if its flowing better or worse, i'm going to put it on the dyno again soon but dynoing it with a long can and cut can 3 months apart it would be hard to tell if any gain or loss is from the can or just dynoing it a different day... i think it sounds awesome, about like my arata on my 1K, maybe a little louder, but pretty damn loud going down the straight away i'm told, get a little popping on hard decel which i didn't get with the stock length can

also the evo ii gets you a bigger better looking tip, i've always thought akras are way too quiet, if i'm going to spend 1,500$ i want it to make some noise, the evo ii's make noise... if you have a racer discount with lochart phillips i think they go for $1,200ish but they have to import them usually, not something they stock, i forget retail but whatever it is its $100 less than the standard evolution system... www.58cycle.com stocks them i think

·
Registered
176 Posts
Akrapovic Evolution 2 systems.
For Gixxer 1000, will be available at the end of this week. They replyed me like this.
Shorter tube, More hp and more noise. ( 107 db )
I will post pictures since I decided to change my TRC full Yoshi system ( that I payed 2400 USD in Turkey ) and waiting for Evolution 2 titanium system.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Akrapovic Evolution 2 systems.
For Gixxer 1000, will be available at the end of this week. They replyed me like this.
Shorter tube, More hp and more noise. ( 107 db )
I will post pictures since I decided to change my TRC full Yoshi system ( that I payed 2400 USD in Turkey ) and waiting for Evolution 2 titanium system.
just as i expected...your overseas

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I ordered mine yesterday and they hope it will be here late next week or the following week after that. I wish that I could find a really good pic of the akro evo 2 system on a gsxr k5. That is why I was wondering if one of the pics on the LKM webstie was it because it really looks like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts