Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gixxer.com Universe,

Hello, my name is Jason (AKA LO-BALL). I have been a member of this site for several years and follow a lot of the banter that goes on here. That being said, I usually just read what is posted and have never felt the need to post. I now have a question that I would like some feedback on.

I own a couple different GSXR's. One K8 (street bike), am building a K5 road weapon, and just sold my 03. I recently realized I am in dire need of some new brake rotors (due to warping). After an exhaustive search, I am kinda in a bit of a predicament. As you all know, bike parts are spendy and I just purchased a new home. OEM parts are so outrageously expensive that it is almost unaffordable to go that route, but after market brands are not that much better. I had a set of Galfer wave rotors on my 03, and they were fine (at least for a while). I got about 6,000 miles out of the before they began to warp. This said, regardless of what people say, my experience has been that no brand seems to be all that great as opposed to others (short of maybe Brembo).

Now that you know where I am coming from, can you give me any advice or feedback on the Arashi brand. Trust me, I know they are Chinese. I have heard all the BS surrounding that fact and am really just looking for some honest feedback. Bad, Good, whatever. I just need to hear from someone who has used them if they are worth buying.

This being said, I know several parts vendors are members of this site. Marketing your brands is fine, but I am not looking for someone to sell me something. I am just looking for feedback from those of you with experience.

Thanks all...:cheers

·
Registered
351 Posts
Usually the folks who have negative feedback are the people that have no experiences with the product what so ever and is merely an opinion.

My buddy actually runs those rotors on his K6 750 with great results. Several thousand street miles and a handful of trackdays with 0 problems. Another buddy of mine races an F2 w/ 954 front end w/ chinese rotors in AFM Super Dino class and does very well (top 5) with 0 problems.

Again the folks who talk negative about it probably have 0 experience with said product.

Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Im also looking into new front rotors! (Well 1 at least)
The Arashi price point is very appealing, but I ride practically every day, and definitely need something that will last a long time.
Hopefully more people can comment on here about these rotors!
:)

·
Nazi Lustful ****** - hot for Hermann Göring & Cai
3,250 Posts
Now that you know where I am coming from, can you give me any advice or feedback on the Arashi brand. Trust me, I know they are Chinese. I have heard all the BS surrounding that fact and am really just looking for some honest feedback. Bad, Good, whatever. I just need to hear from someone who has used them if they are worth buying.
A friend of mine was using them. He had no complaints

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Respondents,

Thank you for your prompt feedback. Also, thanks for the pictures. I am looking at the black floating wave rotors, but they are the same as the ones shown on the track bike.

Again, thank you for being so nice. I see a lot of flaming on here and that is one of the reasons I have not posted. You guys have been awesome and I will try to post more often due to this.

I think I am ready to give these a try. I am ordering them today and will re-post with results.

Thanks all...:cheers

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
link?

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts

I've had the two faces of this coin called arashi.

I bought a full set (f+r) but the front rotors had a noticeable pulsating effect. The seller sent me a new pair of front rotors and they work as they should.

Quality is better than good and the braking power is about the same.

You can't get anything better at this price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got Galfer waves on my TL and Arashi waves on my ZRX. Both with EBC-HH pads. 8k miles on the TL and 1k on the ZRX. They "feel" different but both will lift the back wheel with one finger and no warping. I'd recommend them for street riding no problem. Yeah I'm new here but not new to riding........

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thread revival I know, but for future reference I have Arashi's on my 1994 750 and they still work very very well. they are at least 3 years old and have at least 15 000kms on them.(most likely more) The brakes still feel very prompt and performant. All street riding.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, my first time even posting. I have ordered Arashi rear rotor for my hayabusa. I will test it and make it go through a lot. I will report back with how I thought of them since there are many opinions on the thread yet no real evidence.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.