Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a question for all you who have Arai RX-7 helmets. I currently, have a Shoei TZ-II........which i absolutely hate. Wind comes up from undeneath and screws with my eyes and the shield fogs up rediculously. Does Arai's RX-7 series come with ani-fog shields....i cant find anything that says they are anti-fog shields or not. Also, any complaints under side wind problems? Any suggestions / info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have an Arai, here is a feature thats pretty cool

The flap actually moves in towards your neck and not down as to close off the bottom area under your chin.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sounds like you need a chin curtain and breath guard for your TZ-1 and maybe some anti-fog solution for the shield. Send me a PM and maybe we can do something for you.

·
Yaah I know!
1,020 Posts
should of gone with an ARAI I swear by them yu pay more but you know they are quality. This is my 6 Arai and I cant say anything but good

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i already have the chin curtain and it blows.....as well as ant-fogging spray, they just dont work.

·
Registered
705 Posts
i already have the chin curtain and it blows.....as well as ant-fogging spray, they just dont work.
What kind of spray? We have an anti-fog that works really well and it's made just for our shields. Send me a PM and I can send some to you. Unfortunatley I don't think we'll be releasing the Pin-Lock anti-fog system till '06 which bites but it's nearly impossible to get those to fog up.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Arai RX-7 fogs up if I close it and not moving. When the bike is moving, helmet is great, no fogging problems. I am currently looking to buy the fog city proshield to eliminate the fogging and to have the smoke shade.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Arai has 2 ways they deal w/ reducing fog hazing:
1. opening the the vents on the visor
2. sliding the visor locking latch forward so the visor is slightly raised to allow air to slip under

·
Registered
597 Posts
Arai shields are the farthest thing from being anti-fog as as you can get. The only thing that keeps the shield from frogging in less then perfect weather is cracking the shield slightly. Those vents on the shield don't do shit but break off . AGV and Suomy have the only true anti-fog shields.
should of gone with an ARAI I swear by them yu pay more but you know they are quality. This is my 6 Arai and I cant say anything but good
5 -10 years ago you could say that, but not anymore. There are plenty of lids now that have all the same technology and craftsmanship as Arai And Shoei. It's just that most of the US trade agreement have been with the Asian world for decades. Do you think it's a coincidence that you probably can't find a European made lid anywhere around you. That is all you have been exposed to for years how would you know what else to buy? think about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts