Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Funkyzeit mit Gavveth! Needs a stiff Ass Blasting.
12,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
My brother gave me that exact bolt conversion (CMMG bolt) for my birthday with one of the mags listed. I've only had a chance to take it to the range once, but it was a ton of fun. I was able to sight in a replacement Trijicon Tripower scope that had just been returned to me from the manufacturer's RMA department.

The design is ingenious...the entire recoil mechanism is built right into the bolt. I was able to sight in my gun without spending $$$ on .223. I went through 4 mags worth of ammo. The only issues I had were on the last mag. I had a couple times where more than one bullet was fired. I don't know if it had something to do with the dirt buildup from .22lr rounds or what. At the end of that 4th mag, I had about 4 rounds come out with one bullet squeeze and I decided to stop until I had time to check it out. I haven't had time to dig into further...when I got home I cleaned it thoroughly and didn't notice anything odd. I assume it was slam firing. I haven't looked at it enough to say whether or not the problem was something unique to my setup. I'll probably take it up to my local gunsmith and have him take a look at it before firing again.

The one thing I do worry about is buildup in the gas system from the dirtier .22lr round. I always shoot some .223 afterwords to try and blow out any buildup. Dunno if it really does anything or not.

All in all, if I can get the firing issue worked out I think it's awesome product.

·
Funkyzeit mit Gavveth! Needs a stiff Ass Blasting.
12,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kind of like the ability to just drop it in and train using my existing gun (same optics, BUIS, grip, extras). To each their own...the m&p15-22 looks like a really good gun. :thumbup

BTW, where are you finding it for $300?
thanks for the review, I am really leaning towards picking it up now :thumbup

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
I kind of like the ability to just drop it in and train using my existing gun (same optics, BUIS, grip, extras). To each their own...the m&p15-22 looks like a really good gun. :thumbup

BTW, where are you finding the M&P15-22 for $300?
I know what you mean. Thats why I bought a .22 conversion kit for my g17 instead of just buying a .22 pistol for the same price.

At the local gander mountain they have them for $340 and they tend to price things high here.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
I know what you mean. Thats why I bought a .22 conversion kit for my g17 instead of just buying a .22 pistol for the same price.

At the local gander mountain they have them for $340 and they tend to price things high here.
Damn, that price is insane if it's NIB. MSRP is $570 and the lowest retail I could find is budsgunshop at $430.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts