Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Lol well ill shoot but im sure ill get the same response, I have been trying to change to a healthier diet but have always been a meat and potatoes kind of person. I have cleaned up my meats and liquids but I just can't seem to add any vegetables. I literally threw up at dinner last night just from the smell of green beans. I have been drinking V8 as an alternative but Im not convinced im getting enough vegetables. Any alternatives or a Meal plan that excludes/uses minimal vegetables?

V8 is garbage. It's processed and all nutritional value is dead by the time you pour it out. It's also loaded with sodium. You're better off just drinking plain water than that shit.

I actually really love brocolli myself. I just take some and steam it for a few minutes, take it out, squeeze of lemon and a pinch of salt and it's good to go. Could it a big plate of it everyday......and often times I do.

If you have issues getting greens into your diets I suggest you guys take something like this. I usually gave a scoop or 2 per day anyway.

You'll get all the nutrients in a quick swig of water......just missing out on the fiber.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Click on the link and actually read it. I realize what dihydrogen monoxide is. :lmao

I guess I forgot yo add /sarcasm after my post. Lol
After I posted that, I reread your post and seeing your smiley face I figured that. :hammer

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Out of curiosity whats the taste like on that ? and How long does each bottle last ?
Tastes OK, I mix it with diet green iced tea. Goes pretty well with. Jug lasts for a while. 64 scoops.

Also my second question it what makes v8 so bad ? it was actually the nutritionist that recommended it because I wasnt eating vegetables.
Too much sodium and a meager amount of actual nutritional value, just a bit of Vit C and potassium......basically just salt water beyond that.

You get alot more value in one scoop of that stuff I mentioned up there.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Major on the veggies and whole grains, reduce the meat massively (we eat WAAAAY too much meat... and when you reduce it you'll be amazed at how good you feel), cut out the added sugar (eat fruit instead) and eat a lot of fiber.

Eggs are a great source of protein if you don't have cholesterol issues. If you do, then egg whites. Eat more beans too... less meat!!!!!!

A bowl of high-fiber whole grain cereal WITHOUT ALL THE ADDED SUGAR is a great way to start the day... fills you up, gives you energy.

I like this five-grain hot cereal and I actually eat it with a dash of low-sodium soy sauce for flavor (don't knock it til you try it). A serving is like 120 calories and it keeps me going til lunchtime with ease... no hunger pangs becuase it's got a lot of fiber.

A lot of our obesity comes from very simple and obvious sources.

First, we eat vast amounts of processed foods that are full of crap. Look at the label on a "healthy" food like Skippy or Jif peanut butter. Then go look a the label on a jar of natural peanut butter. The latter has two ingredients: peanuts and salt. The former has corn syrup and a bunch of other garbage in it. Pay attention to this stuff. Cook your own food from scratch using fresh ingredients and not only will it taste better, it'll be healthier. Cooking is not hard. Don't be lazy.

Second, we think big portions are normal. They are not. This is a cultural thing not based in reality. Listen to your body and eat because you're hungry, not because you're craving the taste of bacon (mmmmm..... bacon.....).

Third, our nutritional balance is out of whack. The overwhelming majority of what you put down your pie hole should be vegetable, not animal. Cultures where people tend to be thin use meat for flavoring instead of bulk. We do it backwards.

You can't buy your way to good nutritional health. Supplements, pills, potions and snake oil are all very well and good but if you don't get the basics right you will fail every time.

·
I like to put tampons in my ears!
5,197 Posts
Definitely need more vegetables, I just dislike most of them.
That just means you're doing it wrong. I have had many friends and family come over that didn't like asparagus until they had ours.

My only problem is that I'm lazy and it takes a little effort (prep and cook time) to make some of the green stuff taste good. Most greens I make are seasoned with garlic, onion, a small amount of olive oil and maybe some italian seasoning or oregano.

·
Registered
6 Posts
garcinia cambogia i think is what the stuff is called look it up do the research for yourself dont just take my word for it

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
^^^ Very nice writeup.

...and stay hydrated. <---- Very important and most Americans do not do this.
Supposedly, 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated and often mistake hunger-pangs for your body screaming for more water.

Link

Also, cucumbers help you feel full, so a late night snack on some of that could be helpful.

·
I move away from the mic
6,548 Posts
Supposedly, 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated and often mistake hunger-pangs for your body screaming for more water.

Link

Also, cucumbers help you feel full, so a late night snack on some of that could be helpful.

Too many Americans drink what tastes good, but they are so bad for you.

Sodas, V8, some sports drinks, etc, and it's not just the sugars the amount of salt in some of these drinks are scary.

Water is the best, period.

·
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager
11,665 Posts
Here is my secret to appetite suppression. It works so well but when i post it to Mens Health magazine, they always turn it down. All I do is think about oldfart01 in a speedo eating a steak. It makes me feel sick and not want to eat anything for days. It works wonders!!

It also helps with motorcycle theft. If you have him wash your bike in public wearing a speedo, it wont be stolen guaranteed.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Here is my secret to appetite suppression. It works so well but when i post it to Mens Health magazine, they always turn it down. All I do is think about oldfart01 in a speedo eating a steak. It makes me feel sick and not want to eat anything for days. It works wonders!!

It also helps with motorcycle theft. If you have him wash your bike in public wearing a speedo, it wont be stolen guaranteed.
:lmao

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
14 Participants
JetBlast
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing