Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my dyna2000 last night! WOW, what a difference. Accel super coil, 8.8mm wires, and iridium plugs. My bike used to when you first started it or if it sat for awhile, would not idle. It would die unless you held the throttle open a slight bit, or adjusted the throttle linkage to hold it open slightly. After installing the dyna2000 with 40 degrees advance, my TurboGSXR1100 idles perfectly. It seems to run a little smoother and the revs are quicker,I think when I take it out a bit later , It is gonna really surprise me. If you don't have a Dyna,do yourself and your bike a favor and get one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Gsxr1198,

You got the right idea, I am installing a Hobbs switch to activate about 8 degrees of retard at 12-15psi. I am also going to use it to activate the electric fuel pump at about 5psi.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
40 degrees advance
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Going to stay at 40° under boost, or will you retard the spark?

I've got one of Dyna's pressure switches at the house, and was planning to try -4° or -8° once the system spools up.

Ed

·
Registered
553 Posts
How much of the improved running can be attributed to the better coils, wires and plugs, as opposed to the new Dyna ignition..??

Just curious, as I think I could do with new coils and wires, but really don't have the cash for a new ignition.

Dave....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey JD, I am using the Accel 3 ohm super coils, and the 8.8mm wires by Accel. The iridium plugs are Denso IX 27 they are the cross reference for the NGK JR9'S!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dave I did notice an improvement just by changing the coils and wires. Even using the stock ignition!

·
Registered
763 Posts
TurboGSXRpilot,

You were able to use the 3.0 ohm coils with the Dyna 2000, with no problems???? If so, good, I thought I had to use the Dyna 2.2 ohm coils when I put my Dyna 2000 on my bikes....

If you can send the part no. off of the coils... So I get the right ones...

JDB1371

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JD, You can use a higher resistance in this case a 3 ohm coil or a 2.2 , you cannot however use a lower resistance coil such as a .7 ohm cdi coil. part no. is 140403 from accel!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Dave I did notice an improvement just by changing the coils and wires. Even using the stock ignition!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks for the info....my shopping list just keeps getting longer..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts