Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an older post asking this question but did not see any. A nice carbon fiber license plate bracket would be nice! For now, I made some "L" brackets out of aluminum but would prefer the Carbon.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Again, why spend $100 on something you could make with $10 in parts for Home Depot?
Use the money you save for a half gallon of gas or something.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hell, I'll sell you one for $20!

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I saw an older post asking this question but did not see any. A nice carbon fiber license plate bracket would be nice! For now, I made some "L" brackets out of aluminum but would prefer the Carbon.
I had the competition Werkes Fendor elminator kit on my 750. I like the location. Have a look

Competition Werkes 05 GSX-R1000 Fender eliminator kit
I like this kit, I like where it relocates the plate and also gives you another plate to take up the void where the original mudflap was (might need to paint that a darker color though, it just too bad it cost $130.

Can anyone find this someplace cheaper?

·
Registered
178 Posts
The one from competitionwerks looks sweet. I ordered one this morning it will be here tomorrow and a local shop is going to powder coat it for me so it blends in with the tail.

·
Registered
104 Posts
dude, why are you guys even spending 20 bucs. take that damn mudflap off and mount the plate all the way up in over the rear tire. There is a little one inch plastic lip that you can drill two holes in and mount the plate. I would post pics but i dont know how. Anyone kow how to post pics?

·
Registered
382 Posts
dude, why are you guys even spending 20 bucs. take that damn mudflap off and mount the plate all the way up in over the rear tire. There is a little one inch plastic lip that you can drill two holes in and mount the plate. I would post pics but i dont know how. Anyone kow how to post pics?
Send them to me & I'll post 'em. You have PM

Got any issues w/ the plate rubbing the swingarm/subframe?

Would like to see that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ok found out how to post the pics. Here are some of the plate mounted where I said

·
Registered
104 Posts
ok maybe not. Damn this is pissing me off. It says invalid file or file type. What the $%@#$%@$# does that mean. How do I send the pics to you?

·
Registered
409 Posts
That looks good.. I just love the look with out the mudflap.. Can't wait to get my plate bracket..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts