Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still notice a high rpm vibe that seems to peak at around 11k or so. really annoying as i like to keep the bike at high rpms most of the time. cold it be because my chain may be a lil loose? friend suggested that who was driving beside me. he said the metally 'ringing' sound was LOUD when driving beside me. Im guessing something in the valvetrain.. caim chain tensioner maybe? bike has 800 miles on it.. been doing it since new.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 15 or so other bikes ive ridden including my 03 600.. NEVER made noise liek this. Its not normal vibration.. it is Noticeable Ringing mettalic sound at high rpms.. very annoying when cruising a freeway at 10k rpm... it just cant be done.. sound like someone left loose change under the windscreen.

·
Registered
302 Posts
the 15 or so other bikes ive ridden including my 03 600.. NEVER made noise liek this. Its not normal vibration.. it is Noticeable Ringing mettalic sound at high rpms.. very annoying when cruising a freeway at 10k rpm... it just cant be done.. sound like someone left loose change under the windscreen.
could just be your keys rattling then but the vibe is normal

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
hmm i found one of the nuts from the throttle cable assembly came loose. theres two on there the top one for locking the bottom in place. it had come loose and was sitting ont eh metal L shaped tube running out of the throttle. check those.. take off the front fairing and check for loose stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
Re: Anyone with 750s still getting vibes at high rpms???????

well glad to see some 1 else is experiencin this...i thought it was my imagination....and since this is my 1st bike wasn't sure if it was jsut the sound it makes once u hit over 8 or 9k RPM. Could be the keys....gonna take off the othr keys and jsut leave the main key to see if that is the cause.....Keep me posted as i'm curious...by the way, how many miles u got on urs already?....jsut hit 1900 today while caught in this beautiful downpur in Jersey this mornin!

Jared

·
Banned
15,031 Posts

i've got a loose rivet on my pipe. plus when my helmet is off, I'll hear EVERYTHING
so i guess I'm saying if your not wearing your helmet it might be that. otherwise - go over anything that you've taken off, or a normal inspection of common looseing bolts might do it. or even have a friend look at it just to see if they hear it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
still notice a high rpm vibe that seems to peak at around 11k or so. really annoying as i like to keep the bike at high rpms most of the time. cold it be because my chain may be a lil loose? friend suggested that who was driving beside me. he said the metally 'ringing' sound was LOUD when driving beside me. Im guessing something in the valvetrain.. caim chain tensioner maybe? bike has 800 miles on it.. been doing it since new.
I'm not at 11K RPM long enough!
the indicator, just love to continue to be able to start a little lower sec later

are you telling us your cruising in 2nd gear at 70mph on the highway!
that's such a joke!

A friend only do 90miles with a tank cuz he keep it in 4th a time on the highway!
damm I can pass car without downshifting in 6th!!
Why keeping it in high rev all the time

twisties sure, but highway

·
Registered
538 Posts

well you should figure that when you're sitting on a motor turning 11 grand in it's powerband, YOU'RE GONNA FEEL SOMETHING

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have the 600 but get the same shit, a rattle up front?

Even with a D&D and my wife screaming I hear it !

It's not the keys, and I have checked all the bolts I can without tearing the bike down.

Fuckin shit pisses me off ! Maybe headphones with AC/DC
will fix it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had a similar thing happen to me and since it sounded like it was coming from the engine I was starting to get very worried.

But thankfully it was just the clutch lever vibrating within its perch.
I came across it because the noise would build with the revs but die when I touched the clutch lever. It actually took a little while to convince myself because I couldn't believe that it could make such a loud sound but after seeing it vibrate and testing it out I know that's all it is in my case at least.

I should either look at tightening the pivot bolt or closing up the perch a little but now that I know what it is making the noise I am not that bothered and have taken to resting a finger over the lever at times when it would vibrate.

My '04 has noticably more vibes than my '00 does, but from what others have said this seems to be the norm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.